S2: L

A/N

I'm sorry for the delay of the update, I've been really on a tight schedule since I am to graduate soon and there's so much things to do. My health was not at it's best lately as well, and currently suffering from anxiety and depression. But It was a long hiatus, so I will be back on updating more frequently now.

Again I am sorry

.·*·.

It's in the middle of the night when I escaped the palace to go back in the mansion.

"Y-Your Grace!?" It was a maid that seems to be wandering around.

"Is everything going well here?"

"A-Ah, yes. The madam had just fallen asleep few minutes ago, it seems like she's been waiting for your Grace."

I heaved a sigh of relief and told the maid to go on her way.

"Hakeem, any news about the missing priestess?" I was pinching the bridge of my nose to alleviate the stress.

"It seems like the priestess have already been found." I can't help it but to glare at him. Since the sudden visit of the delegation, I am quite uneasy. So the moment Hakeem told me that the priestess is heading towards this direction, I have my suspicions.

Since I'm already here, it's better to check my wife.

As I enter her bedroom, I already saw her silhouette behind the thin curtains of her massive bed.

Quietly, I just stared at her sleeping face. All the stress and tiredness dealing with troublesome nobles just vanished. I knew she had that kind of effect on me. It made me heave a sigh of relief and put my forehead beside hers.

"Your Grace, it seems like Her Majesty noticed your absence, you need to go back now."

I grit my teeth and stood up from Cressida's bed, looking at her for the last time before going outside.

"Do you want to go to the young master's bedroom?" I shook my head.

Both of my son had developed a keen alertness due to intensive training that they asked of me. Secretly. So if I enter their room, they would wake up...

I am not allowed to tell that to Cressida or else they will tell her that they saw me doing my mission in the red light district.

That's not cheating, I'm actually destroying those brothels but they would always pop up somewhere I'm not aware of...

'Damn it uncle, why do you have to tag my sons along with you...'

It's because of my uncle that distanced himself away from the family. Now that he lives a carefree lifestyle, I would often spot him in illegal brothels around the capital and most specifically in my northern territory.

He also knew my kids... And he kidnapped them.

Because of my disguise, I was not recognized as the Duke, and women from the brothel attached themselves around me.

Unfortunately my uncle and my sons saw me...

And that is where our deals and secrets started...

With one last glance, I left with a heavy heart.

.·*·.

"Oh my! Congratulations Countess! I'm sure that the news would greatly affect the County of Pavel!"

The one who spoke was Marchioness Adelai Grace Antares, one of the few friends that I made through perseverance in social gatherings.

I smiled as well and gave my congratulations to Klara Vela Pavel, a Countess. Today she shared to us that they're expecting their second child.

Her first born was one of Calix's classmates.

"Thank you, Marchioness. Me and my husband didn't expect that we would have another child. As you all know, my body is too weak to bear a child. However, how could I avoid the temptation that my husband has?"

Klara blushed and sighed.

"How irritating, my husband doesn't even flinch if I strip myself in front of him. Not to mention that we are childless."

Raziya Verity Quentin is a Duchess from the Empire of Lendorr, however her marriage was used politically between Acrasia and Lendorr. Thus she married Sebastian Izjhan Quentin. She settled here a year ago and now her relationship with her husband remained the same.

"Perhaps  you need to do another tactics Madam, you need to be bolder than you are right now."

"Bolder? how much shame should I endure during our consummation nights! I'm beginning to think that my husband is a woman in a man's shell... *gasps* or maybe he's... imp..."

All of us gasped.

"However, I think it's impossible."

"Hm? Why?"

"Although it is true that Quentin was a family of Lawyers and known for their seriousness. Count Sebastian was infamous in the masquerades that Madam Darya had hosted before. It was rumored that the count frequented the ball because of bedroom matters!"

"Oh my! I didn't know that my Husband would be the type to do that before. He's like a rock for me."

I stared at Raziya and felt a little bit sad for her. I knew that she's trying her best to make her marriage work for the both of them, but I think it's all because of the Count.

"Maybe I should just file for a divorce, not only did I feel like my husband doesn't like me or he's impotent, but I also feel like he loves someone else! I think our divorce won't matter at all since Princess Calixia is to be engage with the Prince."

All of us turn to the Countess.

"What? but Her Highness' engagement is yet to be announce."

"Oh, well you see, my father told me through letters that Prince Rubeus had proposed to the Princess not too long ago. I doubt that it was the Princess who approved of the proposal, I think it was someone else since rumor circulated that the Princess refused to go out of her room for awhile now."

There was nothing but silence, I couldn't utter a single word as I think about my son Calix. He would be devastated to know this news. 

"Well if it isn't the Duchess of Bizeviron..."

I groaned inside of my head as I heard the voice of the woman I do not want to hear. But what could I do? This is a hunting festival and delegation from Azalais is here, It would be even weirder if this woman is not here since she is the young lady of Alula Duchy in the Empire of Azalais.

Klara and Raziya scoffed loud enough for Celia to hear.

"Oh my, if it isn't the little Duchess of Alula."

"Well yes, I see that you haven't change at all as years goes by, you're still... Hmm, average looking. I wonder what Regan had seen on you for him to stick with you for years."

Yes, Celia had been eyeing Regan for a decade, she was supposed to propose to him however it was me who got married to him.

"I probably know the reason why he's stuck with me."

"I wonder.... tell me, he might turn to me the moment I do it."

"Well, since I am he's wife, I know very well his preferences."

I looked deep into her eyes and grin at her.

"Regan doesn't have any hots for desperate women who chases after a married man."

Unedited

December 12, 2022

LizzannaWrites