XLI

It has been decided that in three weeks, we shall hold Derrick's baptism in the temple.

Now that I remember, second names are given by the priests who held a newborn's baptism. Nobles who have second names are either rich or influential since getting baptized requires a lot of fortune.

However, if you didn't receive any second name, you're poor.

"My nephew is so handsome isn't he?"

It's my sister, the Marchioness of Eldenbourg. Cordelia.

She's carrying my son while I'm carrying my niece who's staring at me intently. Because she inherited my sister's beauty, she have some slight of my appearance aswell.

"How old is my niece sister?" I didn't know when she gave birth, I remembered that I was in the Vatican during that time.

As I watch my niece in my arms, she has lots of hair now compared to the last time I saw her on my birthday.

"Isn't it obvious? She's already 1 year old in summer."

"Oh, is that so, she's quite obedient and quiet."

"You think so too right? I get really worried because she's too quiet! Although she could say ma-ma and da-da, she doesn't say it often!"

"Be patient will you?"

"I am though!" She pouted.

I just sighed at her and shook my head, my niece is now staring at a nearby cake.

"Do you want that?" I asked

"Hm." I smiled and put a decent amount of cake in the spoon before drawing it inside her mouth.

"Hmm~!"

A smile appeared on my face and I chuckled at her expression. She must've like sweets.

"Mom!" I looked at Calix who's running towards us in the gazebo. Behind him, there's Asrid and Rielle.

I also noticed my son's hands intertwined with Asrid's.

"Oh! My cousin!" He exclaimed and walked close to me.

Suddenly, I remembered that he guessed right that my sister's baby is a girl even though my niece is yet to be born that time.

"Wow, she's so beautiful."

The corner of his mouth curved upward, his eyes formed into a gentle crescent moon and there's a faint blush on his cheeks.

Though he's just a child right now, how can he already perfect the Ikemen smile?

Although he could marry my niece since he's not really blood related to her, well I wonder who will he end up with...

"I'm your cousin! Calix! It's nice to meet you!"

He was about to touch my niece when she suddenly turn her head away and buried her face to the crook of my neck.

"She's a shy child my dear!" My sister consoled when she saw Calix's sad face.

"A child who both bear the possibility of a princess and a priestess..."

It was a small whisper but I heard it too well. I turn and looked at Asrid, she's staring intently at the child in my arms, and then she smirked before mouthing something.

"Just like you..."

"Madam?" Jennie called from the outside of my bedroom, I told her to come in, then a sound of a door opening and closing was heard. Soon footsteps was drawing nearer to where I am.