21

summer winced after hearing the hotel door slam shut. the race had just finished and it wasnt landos best race to put a nicely.

from her last experience, lando just wanted some space after a bad race. in her opinion he didnt race all that bad, luck just was not with him today.

it may be her fault, she thought, whenever she comes to a race with him, it seems to be a bad race for lando.

"sunshine?" she hears him call out for her.

summer poked her head out of the bathroom and shot him a gentle smile. one he returned with a grin of his own.

see? he just needs space.

summer walks up to him and wraps her arms around him, "are you feeling better now lan?"

"yes i am" he replied smiling down at her slightly.

"what helps you, you know, to cheer you up after a race?" she asks, "i always feel so helpless, i know you need space but what cheers you up?"

"i can show you, if you want" lando offers, pointing to the door as if it wasnt already obvious that you leave through a door. dork.

"show me" summer smiles, he takes her hand and drags her out of the hotel room.

stumbling behind him she laughs as she nearly falls on the ground. lando laughs with summer and throws his arm over her shoulder, stumbling dramatically to mock her.

together they laugh and giggle their way out of the hotel to a field, a field with loads of grass. no flowers. just grass.

summer lets out another laugh as lando pulls her down to lay on the grass with him.

their giggles had slowly stopped and they just laid on the grass, next to each other. lando turned his head slightly, looking at summer who was looking at the sunset.

"this is what helps" he whispered out. "watching the sunset, ive always preferred the sunset not the sunrise, i think its overrated" lando continues explaining while looking at summer.

the girl also turned her head to look at lando, smiling at his soft features. "ive always preferred the sunset too, i think seeing the world go down in beautiful colors is much prettier than seeing the world wake up again." she whispered back to him.

they just stare at each other, it would be quite a sight from a third perspective. two young adults laying in a field, just staring at each other with this look in their eyes, and a sunset in the background.

"summer?"

"yeah?"

"i like you" he spoke softly, still afraid of being rejected, that he just read the entire situation wrong from the beginning. "a lot. i like you a lot."

summer takes a sharp intake of breath, he likes he too? he returned the feeling? this wasnt one sided?

lando turns nervous at her silence, summer didnt really notice that she was being quiet for such a long time.

"you know what forget it, i didnt say anything" he rambles out, quickly looking away from her blue eyes and standing up, dusting of his jeans.

before he can turn away and walk back to the hotel, he can feel his shirt being pulled down at the top. summer was tugging him down, he was forced to bent down and summer placed her lips on his. lando was shocked at first but quickly returned the gesture, placing his heads on summers face, pulling her closer. the both smiled during the kiss, it was a sweet, gentle and love filled kiss.

"i like you. a lot. i like you a lot too" she mimicked the boy, biting her lip to refrain from smiling too big.

a/n
arrggghh this book is endingggg, just one or two more chapters left:((( i'll miss it. i'll miss summer and landos banter😩😩 anyways THEY KISSED😋😋😋 ok bye im still sick😔