Chapter 19

I told you the distance between the old King's room and dining hall was huge. Huge enough to start subway services here, for travelling.

 We walked slowly and carefully since the stairs were steep and the old king was too weak to walk for a long distance on a stretch. So he stopped mid ways at various spots just to catch his breath.

We finally reached the dining hall, and all the faces waiting in anticipation and hope just changed to shock and surprise and joy.

None of them had touched their plates, even given the fact that all of them were famished after a long day of travel and also confident that I wouldn't be able to convince the old man.

All of them stood up their seats as weak feet entered the dining room, holding on to my arm and Aarini's arm for support.

"Father." Neel sighed as he kneeled before the former king. His head bowed down. Soon Yug followed to bow down as well.

"I hope you're doing well Neel." The former king's low voice filled the room and Neel immediately looked up at him.

I could see tears welling up in his eyes, and I am sure his father must have been the same way now. I couldn't take a better look at his face.

"Look at you all grown up." The father spoke again offering a sad smile to his son.

Neel reciprocated the gesture.

"I missed it. Your upbringing." The old man sounded guilty and sad to say the least.

"you don't have to feel sorry. I have grown up well." Neel rose up from his feet coming close to where we were standing. We walked a couple of steps away, letting him finally hold his dad after months or years.

"And I have learnt from you." He continued.

I should have controlled myself, but I gave out a scoff in response. And before I could process I uttered, "No! you're more rude than your father."

I am done regretting what I speak.

He glared at me but his face immediately softened when he saw his father smile at my comment.

"Neel who is she?" he asked in between his laugher.

"Just some uninvited chaos." He commented as he gave me his 'fed up' look

He should be thankful at the moment. Talk about audacity.

"No! I meant who is she to you?" Both of our faces turned to look at the former emperor and then uncomfortable glances back at each other.

"what – do you mean?" Neel tried speaking .

"I am sure, she entered my room with your permission. And the fact that you have let a random guest of yours, that you also call a chaos for some reason, enter my room without any guards around, she must have been someone special. I figured." The old man was weak just with body, his brain still running like a horse.

"She just has a long tongue, she is harmless otherwise." Neel commented.

What the fuck!

"What do you think I am, a snake?" my offended tone audible.

And I don't know what was so funny about it that all the royal men started laughing at this.

Wow, what a gesture of gratitude.

The former king wasn't uncomfortable or surprised with the ladies eating along with them. On the contrary he was just happy.

Neel and his father had a lot to catch up on, regarding personal lives and professional. Although I was still finding it hard to distinguish them from each other.