Chapter 38

(This is a triple update. Make sure to read chapter 36 and 37 before this.)

Days passed by me heavily and there were no signs of Neel coming anytime soon.

On one random afternoon, approximately 5 days before I was scheduled to go back, a messenger arrived. Giving me the worse possible news I could get.

"It's officially a war." He said. "Their army isn't as mighty as ours, but things are getting out of hand."

How long shall this last.

I was breaking down, like I did when I entered this world. Sobbing and crying some more, listening to music, checking our pictures again and again.

The days were weighing heavy on me, and I had no one to share it with.

You could say, I had become the worst version of myself. starving myself, skipping most of the meals. Dreaded at every messenger that visited the palace, afraid that he would bring a news that Neel is no more alive. I was praying not to hear anything of such sort.

---

There were no more news from the battlefield giving more room to my overthinking whatsoever.

I could not sleep at night, tossing and turning, and walking around the corridor.

It was tomorrow. When I would leave. Probably without anyone knowing. I don't know.

I was afraid, I would travel back to my world when I am asleep so I stayed up the entire night. I could see the dawn crack, too beautiful of a morning, for a cruel day. But nothing had happened. Nothing yet. I believed since I entered this world at around 1.30 pm. I would leave the world around that time too.

My anxiety, my misery was in a desperate need of coffee but I hadn't tasted any of it, ever since Neel had left.

I downloaded all the remaining packets of his 'syrup' and kept it in Neel's bedroom in the drawer of his bedside table, hoping he would find my presence in it.

The entire afternoon had passed but there was still no signs that I was travelling back.

What is happening?

Am I trapped in here forever like Neel had predicted.

Now it was not the anxiety or fear, it was the confusion that had let me stay awake through the night.

I started throwing up the bare minimum that I ate. I would often beg Aarini to find out what was happening in the war, but she said all we could is wait and hope for the best.

I had surrendered. All of what was happening to me, was nothing as I had predicted.

---

It was 'additional day 1': I was supposed to be back at 2070 instead of 1442. Beating the shit out of Aakav, and crying and sobbing my eyes out

But I was here, confused, lost and hopeful for a miracle that will work for both me and Neel. Overall anxious.

---

It was 'additional day 2' : I had initially planned to not pack anything, but I realized I need to keep something as a memory of this world other than the pictures in my Q.

I decided I would tear a piece of fabric of Neel's clothes and keep it with me forever. So that anytime I go back, I can always have it with me.