Chapter 21

We were roaming in the market of 1441, four of us.

Neel had joined our brigade the last minute like he always did. I don't know what was up with him. What was he so concerned about?

I was too happy to actually mind him. It was my first time in this era seeing outside than the palace.

I mean I did travel from the central palace to this one but that's not supposed to be counted.

Aarini had been sticking around me, blushing a little too much every time she saw Yug. I don't know how she managed to not notice it but I did see Yug steal glances at her.

"I saw a good 'jewelry and accessories store' behind. I want you to take me there." I went to Neel and demanded. 

Both the men were walking ahead of us. Hands folded behind, just taking a stroll and stopping at nowhere in particular.

They weren't out for shopping. They were body guarding us

He turned around to look at me, and I am sure I must have arrived as a surprise to him.

"You are asking me?" he confirmed

"Yes" I affirmed "just you." I looked straight in his eyes. He seemed confused at this but pulled himself back together.

"Fine. Let's go." He turned in the opposite direction. "You two go ahead. We'll catch you soon." The king turned to Yug and Aarini. Aarini eyed at me controlling her urge to smile while Yug just shot me a glance and turned to the king to bow down to him in obedience.

---

We went ahead, this time him maintaining his pace to walk next to me. 

Sweet.

None of us spoke anything. None of us knew what to speak about.

The world here was very different from what I imagined. It was slow here. Fresh and peaceful. Nothing here was cemented and therefore everything just looked so fragile and temporary.

Like my stay in this world.