Chapter 33

(This is a double update. Make sure you read chapter 32 before this)

As soon as his words started making sense to me, or rather confuse me, I looked up at him, but he was already leaving. I wanted to follow him, but I also wanted to give him some space.

I forgot Yug was still standing there, witnessing one horror after the other and comprehending all of it at the same time. He did not smile at me like he would usually do. He gave me no expression other than suspicion and fear.

God this is getting worse.

---

After roaming anxiously for hours together in my room, and then outside, and then back in, I realized that this was not going to work this way. I decided to go to Neel's quarters and tell him the truth.

---

"Neel" I called out, standing outside his room and knocking at his door. He looked at me, and his eyes said clearly he had been crying. It hurt me, to see him like this and not being able to do anything. Instead I was one of the reasons maybe.

"We have got to talk. Is now a good time?" I was afraid, and therefore spoke timidly. He let out a deep exhale and sniffed, before finally nodding in yes and turning away from me.

I boldly tried walking in.

There was a moment of silence, an awkward silence.

"You can ask me anything you want." I told him finally. My heart wanting to come out of my body and escape this planet.

But human heart is strong. It stays in, survives, regardless of how many times it just wants to quit.

His face was still turned away from me saying nothing yet.

This is going to be difficult.

"Did you know about this?" I stated again, uncertain of anything but still anxious.

He sighed and then nodded again.

"Yes I did." He finally turned to look at me. I did not know how I felt about this.

"How long has it been?" I was puzzled, curious, scared.

"It has been a while. Remember when we had returned from the other palace after getting my father along with us over here?"

That was approximately 2 months back.

"Yes.." I wanted him to continue.

"That day you wanted all four of us to spend some time together."

Does he mean double date?

"I had come to your room that day, if you remember."

"Ofcourse I remember, that was the first time you entered my room." And I also remember how you held me that day, and kissed me and--- hold on, was it because he had seen me with the gadget.

The realization immediately had me shot a glance at him in disbelief. There was no way it was that day.

"I was about to knock the door of your room, but it was already open, and that is when..." he stopped and matched his eyes with mine.

My jaw almost dropped.

"Jiera" he held my hand and made me sit next to him on the edge of his bed. "I won't say I am brave, I am not. But I am not a coward either Jiera. There were only 2 times in my lifetime where I was too scared to do anything. First , when my mother was getting killed and second.." he took a pause, deciding if she should continue or no. "second was when I had seen you use that gadget for the first time." He spoke softly. As if it was his fault seeing me use the device.