Chapter 23

I was asked to join Aarini in her room. She had sent her PA to call me upstairs and meet the King's sister.

 I thought that doctor, the one who had effortlessly managed to mess with my brain, was the only guest we were expecting, but I guess that was not the case.

"Help me dress nicely and get ready." Aarini sounded restless as soon as I entered the room.

"Wow, whatsup, what is wrong?" she was too occupied in her head to notice my use of foreign words.

"Yug's mom is coming here to see him." she finally turned to me. Her hands shivering and face indicating of how nervous she was.

But wow.

"Okay. This is exciting. Let's get you ready." I said excitedly as I moved further in the room towards her.

"Excuse me ma'am" another female voice interrupted. It was Aarini's PA, the same way like Brinda was to me.

"Minister Yug's relatives have entered this Royal Palace." She continued further. Aarini quickly dismissed her with a rapid nod.

"There is no time Jiera. We haven't yet decided on what outfit should I change into." she was panicking.

"I didn't not know you were so eager to impress your 'to-be in laws'" I joked.

She gave a hurried laugh at this and turned to open the wardrobe which was right behind her.

"Help me select one of them." She opened the wardrobe wide in front of me. I nearly fainted seeing the amount of heavy dresses kept in there.

"Are you sure you want to wear those?" I showed my disapproval. There were so many designed outfits, that looked so heavy, that I wouldn't even wear it in a traditional Indian wedding.

"Aren't these beautiful?" she thought there was more that she needed.

I just sighed in response.

"They are nice." I spoke, not so confidently. I still scanned through the outfits selecting the one that according to me would be the most suitable for a time like this.

She smiled picking up her 'OOTD'

She was sitting in front of the mirror, beautifully dressed, applying handmade kohl and flower picked scents when Brinda entered the room.

"You both are being called downstairs." She said, smiling more than usual.

"What's wrong?" I was able to sense something up here.

She continued smiling. Aarini, who was up until now focused on herself in the mirror turned to look at Brinda directly.

"What is it?" Aarini questioned this time.

"While you are at it.." Brinda spoke again, smiling widely. "..don't forget to carry some gifts downstairs."

We were both confused. But Brinda continued to clear it up for us.

"Minister Yug's mother have come along with a girl, who is supposedly his potential bride. They are all discussing his marriage downstairs." She still kept that long grin on. She thought she was delivering some good news.

I looked at Aarini and her face became blank, blood draining down.

"She is so beautiful, so pretty, so well behaved, like the perfect bride for our Minister." Brinda continued, unable to sense the atmosphere.

Have you heard about second hand embarrassment? Yes. That was myself in that room. I was internally urging Brinda to shut up hoping she can somehow hear my thoughts. But she just kept going on.