3

Jason looked at her, as she started swimming laps again, this time above water.

"So your camp taught archery?" Jason asked, as he just relaxed in the pool.

"Yep. Though, I was banned from it," Percy said, not bothering to hide the smirk.

"Why?" Jason asked, not sure if he should be impressed, or concerned.

"My first lesson, I was aiming at the target in front of me, down a few yards.  When I released the arrow, it ended up behind me, almost hitting the guy teaching me. I stuck with swords. Apparently, I took to sword fighting like a fish to water," Percy said, laughing at her pun.

"So don't let you near any bows and arrows, got it. But Damian knows his way around a katana, which he's been trained how to use since he could hold one," Jason said.

"I could tell. He has the callouses and scars from blades of some sort," Percy said.

"You're observant, too?" Jason asked.

"It's kept me alive this long, surprisingly," Percy said with a sigh, as she stopped swimming and sat on that one step at the deep end of the pool.

"Sounds rough," Jason said.

"Yeah, but can't change it, so I just adapt," Percy said.

"How'd you get the grey streak?" Jason asked.

Percy raised an eyebrow, "how'd you get yours?"

Jason looked at her, with a glare, and she held his gaze, not even flinching.

"Fine, you don't have to answer," Jason said.

Percy smirked, "that doesn't seem like a 'first time meeting you' type of question anyway."

Jason chuckled, "fair enough. Can I ask you something?"

"You already have," Percy couldn't help but respond.

"Hardy har har.  But seriously, why didn't you just stay with your dad, why your uncle, not that we mind," Jason asked.

"I've only met my father a handful of times. I can count all of the times on one hand, and the first time we met, he told me I was a mistake, his wrongdoing. He didn't want me. The second time, was to get my half brother, and let him stay at his place, wherever that is," Percy said, with a shrug. She'd come to terms that she'd never please her father, and she stopped caring.

"Needless to say, you don't get along," Jason said.

"Not at all," Percy said.

Percy looked over to the door, right before Alfred walked in, "Master Jason, do you want me to set up your old room for you?"

"Nah, I'll head out soon, Alfred. Just wanted to get to know Percy a little, before the others get in the way," Jason said.

Percy snorted, she figured he just wants to be able to say he knew it first.

Alfred smiled, and nodded, "alright. Get home safe, Master Jason. Miss Percy, will you need help getting back to your room?"