10

Conversations started up slowly.

"How long have you been using a sword?" Damian asked.

"Since I was 12," Percy said, "you?" Percy asked in return.

"I can't remember a time when wasn't using one," Damian said.

Percy nodded, and took a sip from her water.

"Why?" Bruce asked.

Percy looked at him, with a tilted head, and pinched brows.

"Why did you learn it that young?" Bruce asked, clarifying for his niece.

"Survival," Percy said, then looked at Bruce's nose, "how'd you get the broken nose and injured ribs?" She asked.

She smirked when he froze.

Jason laughed, "you're going to get as much as you give, aren't you."

Percy looked at him, "yes, Mr. Crime Boss."

Jason shut up at that, and looked at her with wide eyes.

"How'd you know about that?" Tim asked.

"Same way I know you didn't go to sleep until way later than you should, on your computer. And you still have two cups of coffee with you," Percy said, smiling innocently.

Silence fell upon the room.

"This is what you and Jason talked about last night?" Bruce asked.

"Yes," Percy said, meeting her uncle's eyes.

"Who trained you?" Damian asked.

"A friend of mine. You?" Percy asked.

"The league of assassins, it's run by my grandfather," Damian said.

Percy nodded, then looked at the door, as Alfred walked in, "are you done, Master Wayne?"

Percy smiled at the butler, and grabbed her plate, "I am, Alfred."

"Of course, Miss Percy," Alfred said, letting her take her own plate to the kitchen. There she washed it, and put it away. Then she went back, to say good night.

"As much as I have loved the interrogation, I'm busy tomorrow. So I bid you all good night," then she left and retired to her room. Blackjack was still on her balcony, when she got up there. She gave him some water, and some apples she had nicked from the kitchen after she washed her dishes.

"Night, Blackjack," she said to her familiar. Then she closed the curtain. She changed into her night clothes, and went to bed.

Bruce looked at Jason, "what else did you two talk about?"

"I asked about her grey hair, and she asked about mine," Jason said.

"Not the same cause?" Bruce asked.

"No, hers was from physical strain, it seems. The activity she was doing was supposed to kill her, and as it tried, her hair turned grey," Jason shared, rolling his eyes. He knew Bruce was fishing for answers, instead of trying to just ask her himself. Jason honestly believes that Percy will answer, even if extremely vague.

"That's it?" Bruce asked, "nothing else was discussed?"

"That's all I'm going to share. Man up and ask your niece yourself. Though, if her mom's ex was anything like Damian said, I wish you luck," Jason said. Then he placed his plate on Alfred's cart, and left.

Bruce looked at Damian for answers.

"He was abusive. No lies, or sugar coating it. He threw broken beer bottles at her, I doubt that was all he did," Damian said. He followed the same route, but went to his room. He had a video to look at.

Bruce looked at Tim, who shrugged, "I only recorded the sword match. I don't pry into her life, it's clear it still bothers her. Though, she tries to play it off, all of her answers are vague, even though they still answer the question," Tim said. He also brought his empty plate to the cart, and went to his room.

Alfred looked at Bruce, "give her time to adjust. She's clearly been through more than just the murder of her mother."

Bruce signed, "yeah. I'm aware." He handed his plate to Alfred, "thank you, Alfred. Have a good night."

"You as well, Master Wayne," Alfred said, pushing the cart back to the kitchen. He wasn't surprised to see that Percy's dish was cleaned and out away. And with a small smile, he began to clean the other dishes, though, only the four sets of tableware, plates, and cups were left.

Then he, too, retired to bed.

Part way through the night, Blackjack heard his boss whimpering in her sleep. He looked at the room, but couldn't see anything through the curtains. Though, when he smelt blood, he started to get antsy. He heard her wake up, with a quiet shout. He sighed, as he realized his boss didn't want to wake up the others. He heard her limp to the bathroom, and start a shower. He relaxed a little, knowing the water would heal her. But he was worried, that shouldn't happen in her sleep.

He heard her turn the water off, and clean her bed. His boss was good at that, and that knowledge didn't help his worries.

He heard her leave the room, and settled back down to rest a bit longer. There wasn't much he could do right now.
—————

Percy made her way to the kitchen, and made pancake batter, scrambled egg mix, and bacon, but didn't cook much beyond preparing it for Alfred.

However, she did make herself a pancake, some eggs, and a few pieces of bacon. But she left the rest untouched, so that her family could get fresh and warm food when it was time for them to wake up.

Then she went back to her room and stick a note to her door.

'I went to finish what I needed to. Be back later.' - Percy.

Then she fed Blackjack another apple, and the two flew off.

"Are you alright, boss?" Blackjack asked.

"Yes. Just a bad dream, plus I want to get this over with," Percy said.

"Boss, I smelt your blood," Blackjack said, not believing her.

"It's fine, Blackjack. Leave it alone," Percy said, firmly.

Blackjack whinnied a little, but continued to fly where he was asked to.

They arrived in Canada to see Grandma Zhang.

She waited until a reasonable hour, just flying around.

When it was finally a bit more bright out, she landed in the front yard of the Zhang household. She went up and knocked on the door.

An older woman answered the door, "Frankie?" she asked.

Percy looked down at the ground, not able to meet the hopeful woman's face.

Grandma Zhang sighed, "he's gone, isn't he."

Percy looked up at her, "I couldn't bring him back, alive. I'm sorry."

"I knew his fate. It's not you're fault. Mars sent me a message when he first went to camp, explaining the risks. It happens to all the good ones," Grandma Zhang said.

Percy nodded, "yeah. A lot of them, didn't make it."

"Such is the price of war, no matter who your parent is," Grandma Zhang said.

Percy nodded.

"Thank you for telling me. It means a lot. But, you need to go home and recover," Grandma Zhang said.

Percy gave a strained smile, "stay safe, Grandma Zhang. Your grandson spoke highly of you, and died a hero. He rests in Elysium with the rest of them."

"I know. And I'll see him again, when it is my time," Grandma Zhang said, then went back inside.

Percy sighed, "one more." She went back to Blackjack, and the pair took off once more.