16

"What was that about?" Bruce asked.

"Just my cousin being reckless," Percy said.

"It seemed to anger him," Jason said with raised eyebrows.

"He'll get over it," Percy said with a shrug.

"Okay then, what language was that?" Dick asked.

"An older dialect of Greek," Percy said, "I speak that and Latin fluently."

"Cool," Tim said, beaming at the girl.

"Anyway, how was work, Bruce?" Percy asked, diverting the topic.

"It was rather boring, honestly. Stupid meetings, all day. Though, a few were curious, but we all came to an agreement in the end," Bruce said.

"That's good. I've never been a big fan of meetings either," Percy said.

"You've been to meetings?" Tim asked.

"As head of the camp, yeah. Usually, we ended up discussing current or upcoming threats to the camp," Percy said. She chose not to mention the meeting with the gods, who voted if she was too powerful to leave alive.

"What type of threats?" Bruce asked.

"Normal stuff, for us, I suppose, but they've been handled, so we're good right now," Percy said with a shrug.

Jason narrowed his eyes, but didn't call her out, yet.

"Well, I am done. And I'd like to do some stuff in my room, so I'll talk to you guys later," Percy said, picking up her plate and cup. She brought it to the kitchen, and washed and put it away.

She went to her room, and pulled out her demigod safe phone.

She made notes of things from her dream, including the things she already knew about the criminals of Gotham. She knew she saw the Joker, and Dick, Tim, Jason, and Damian trapped by the mad clown. But she recognized the different eyes. The Joker was possessed, and she shivered at the thought of someone else she remembered being possessed with golden eyes. These were not the same, but still similar.
———
The next morning, Percy woke up to a knock on her door.

"Miss Percy, can I open the door?" Alfred asked.

"I'm here too," Jason said.

Percy got up and put her notebook in her pillow case, and closed and moved a few books. Then she opened the door.

"Morning," she said to them.

"It's 2 in the afternoon, Percy," Jason said.

"Huh. I must have fallen asleep later than I thought," Percy said, with a shrug. "Give me thirty minutes, I'll be down there in a bit."

"Alright, well, we need to all talk to you when you're done, Miss Percy," Alfred said.

Percy nodded, then shut the door, showered, and got dressed. Then she went and joined the others downstairs.

"Hey, sorry, late night," Percy said, smiling innocently.

Jason snorted a little, and Bruce smiled.

"I'm glad you got some sleep," Bruce said.

"You and me both," Percy said, though the sinking feeling in her gut worried her. She didn't have any dreams last night, she wasn't visited by Tartarus either.

"Glad you didn't wake up screaming, that's improvement too," Jason said.

"Wake up screaming?" Bruce asked.

"I didn't last night, which is strange. But I got a decent sleep, for the first time in a while," Percy said.

"Father, I do believe we wanted to talk to her for a reason," Damian said, rolling his eyes.