Chapter 4:: A new chapter

Author's POV: 

"Y/Nsshi... your father lost his consciousness after feeling severe pain," Taehyung said making your eyes widen. You quickly ran inside the restaurant along with Taehyung. Soon, the ambulance came as you all went to the hospital. Your mom was crying and you were so worried, this wasn't supposed to happen. Fear arose in your heart as you tried your best to keep calm but the tears kept accumulating in your eyes.

--Time skip 

Sitting outside the operation theatre, you held your mom's hands who was crying. Looking down, you anxiously bit your lips waiting for the red light of the room to turn green. Mrs Kim was consoling your mother while Mr Kim was talking to the receptionist. Taehyung came in with 3 bottles of water and handed those to Mrs Kim who was persuading your mom to drink something since she had been crying for a long time. 

Soon, the operation theatre's lights turned green as the doctors came out saying, "The operation was successful. The patient will be moved to the cabin." A sigh of relief escaped your lips as you looked down. A tear rolled down your eyes as Taehyung, who was beside you noticed you and looked at the doctor saying, "Thank you, doctor." 
"It'll be fine... he'll be okay!"
Mrs Kim consoled your mom as you walked away in another direction. Taehyung, who was standing there frowned following you. 
Standing on the balcony, you looked outside and sighed. A tear rolled down your eyes as you mumbled, "Thank you... god." Taehyung stood behind you and heard you subbing. Thinning his lips, he patted your back making you flinch as you looked at him in disbelief asking, "W-What are you even doing here?!" 

"Nothing really... to get some fresh air!" He said and inhaled the air as you looked down to see a pile of trash. Scrunching your face, you said, "This pile of trash is fresh air?" Taehyung, who was coughing because of the smell looked at you and said, "Ugh! You know why I'm here, don't bother me!"
"You're the one bothering me!!"
You said and stepped on his foot walking away making him groan in pain. He followed you and spoke, "Excuse me? You owe me an apology!!" You rolled your eyes and walked towards your mom who was with your dad being shifted to the cabin. Taehyung sighed and followed everyone. 

Jungkook, who was out buying some soup and fruits for Mr Jeon came towards you all with a few bags speaking, "I'm here! How is our dad now?" 
"He's being shifted to the cabin."
You said she nodded and sighed looking down. Taehyung looked at everyone and thought about something. 
"What are you thinking?" You asked as he replied, "Nothing... just thinking." Sighing, you walked away. 

--Next day 

You looked at your dad who finally gained consciousness after the surgery. Your mother was sleeping on a couch near the bed as you sat beside your dad on a chair. He looked at you with a soft smile saying, "I'm fine... stop worrying."
"Tch, you say you're fine and always get admitted here!"
You said and looked away sadly as he caressed your cheeks saying, "My angel... you see. This is why I wanted to marry you to Taehyung. I know- you might think that he's not warm or sweet at all... he's like that to everyone but when he opens up, he's a sweetheart. I have seen it myself, dear. If I'm gone, who will look after my daughter? I'm the only man in your life after all." He joked as you looked at him with teary eyes. Chuckling, you spoke, "You're so-" 

He smiled and hugged you as you wiped your teary eyes while he smiled saying, "If you don't want to marry, it's fine. It's just a mere wish of a sick father.." He said the last line with a dramatic sigh making you shake your head.
"Is that your way of blackmailing?!" You asked backing away as he smiled saying, "Consider it."
"Tch, even if I agree, do you think that guy would ever agree? No, right? You need to see from his point of view."
You said as your dad spoke, "Right."

You smiled and said, "Ah! Leave it. Let's talk about something else!" He nodded as you both started chatting about random stuff, laughing and giggling not knowing a pair of eyes watching you both from outside. 

Taehyung smiled a little and closed the door of the cabin softly, making sure to be quiet as he turned around mumbling, "She's such a dumbhead in front of me and a sweetheart in front of her dad. Tsk." On his way out, he saw his father gesturing for him to come near him and Mrs Kim standing there. 
"Taehyung... we got the reports of Mr Jeon. He doesn't seem to be in a good condition. It's his wish to see his daughter getting married in a good place. He trusts you with that but since you don't want to marry her... we should find someone suitable for her. We can't guarantee Mr Jeon's long stay here." Mr Kim spoke as Taehyung looked down thinking for a while and spoke, "Let's talk about it with everyone in the cabin once Mrs Jeon wakes up." 

---Time skip 

Everyone sat in the room as Mr Kim spoke, "Well... we had to talk about their marriage. It was left halfway."
"Right... I don't think the kids want to abide by our decisions."
Mrs Jeon spoke while Mrs Kim was cutting some fruits for everyone in the cabin. You and Taehyung glanced at each other. You weren't sure why this conversation suddenly took place and you surely didn't have an answer for this. 
"Still, let's ask the kids what they think. Are you both sure you both are against this marriage?" Mr Jeon asked as you looked at him saying, "Yes, of co-" but got cut off by Taehyung saying,

"We'll get married as per your wish!" 

Looking at him in disbelief, you gasped and spoke, "W-What?" 
"Let's talk about it later."
He whispered as you gulped and looked at the others who were dumbstruck.
"Didn't you oppose it just yesterday?" Mrs Kim asked as Taehyung spoke, "I realized that... turning off this marriage would be losing a great opportunity. So..." You frowned at his fake talks and mumbled, "Cut the crap." He sighed and spoke, "Mr Jeon. I know that you've trusted me with your daughter's future and that's why you want us to get married. So, I want to keep that trust." 

You were looking at him blankly, not getting a single act of his. Everyone was confused but after some talking, it was made clear. The marriage between you both was confirmed. You wanted to oppose but you didn't say anything seeing the bright smile on your dad's face. 
Soon, you and Taehyung came out of the cabin and stood in front of each other as Taehyung spoke, "What? Are you thankful?" He asked with a smirk as you let out a deep breath walking towards him. 
He smiled proudly hoping to see you thanking him in tears but his eyes widened when he felt a smack on his arm. You glared at him and continuously smacked him making him groan.
"You- How dare you?!!!" You shouted and kept hitting him as he whimpered and asked you to move away. Seeing you not stop, he pushed you a little, grabbed both of your hands and stared at you blankly, saying, "Ouch! How can you beat someone like this? Are you crazy?" 
"Your fault! Why did you do that?!"
You asked as he asked, "What?"
"Who asked you to agree to the marriage huh?? Did I? Why did you agree to that?!"
You asked as he sighed and spoke, "Don't you want your dad to be happy?" 

"I want to... but-" You looked down as he sighed and said, "Look here. Don't assume things! Indeed, I don't really like you much but, your father's condition isn't that well. My father checked the results and he said- the condition wasn't guaranteed. This is the only thing he's asking you, he said to my father. And I don't think it'd be right to decline. He should be happy for now... especially during this time. So I think we shouldn't refuse their request. And why do you have so many problems? Not like you have a boyfriend." He said rolling his eyes as you nodded looking down but frowned asking him, "How did you know I don't have a boyfriend?"

"It's obvious that no one would like to date a dumbhead like you." He said walking away as your eyes widened. 
"How dare he! Oh my! Yah, you!! Come back! EXPLAIN!" You screamed and ran behind him as he gasped running away and being chased by you. 

"They seem to be on good terms." Mrs Kim spoke as Mrs Jeon replied, "I hope this marriage goes well." 
"Honey, do you think Taehyung is agreeing because of Mr Jeon's condition?"
Mrs Kim whispered to Mr Kim who smiled and spoke, "Do you see your son's eyes when he looks at her? Maybe it's something else, which no one is sure of yet." Mrs Kim smiled and looked at you both running around. 
"Maybe a new chapter is about to be written." Mr Jeon spoke and smiled seeing everyone stand outside the cabin looking at the lads running around.