Chapter 30:: Regret is the worst

Author's POV: 

"We all came from there and we all will return there.." 

That was what people said. To not be too sad about someone's loss. But was it possible? Even though we will meet our loved ones again, after death, in a better place. That wasn't what would hurt us, but the separation for a long time. Who knows how long that time would be? 

Being separated from someone who you've lived with, and got uncountable love and care from was the worst. 

You were blankly sitting there as Taehyung frowned asking, "What's wrong?" His expression became a little worried seeing your dreadful expression. It felt surreal, you couldn't believe that this could happen. The atmosphere felt different... like a dream. Maybe if you woke up, you'd feel better. But how could an awake person wake up? 
"Love?" Taehyung asked, holding your hands as the phone was in your hand, resting on the pillow beside you. You looked at Taehyung as he looked at you, confused, and worried.

"T-Taesshi..." You spoke out, half breathed as he asked, "Hmm? Are you okay? Who was it?" 
He side-eyed your phone screen realizing it was probably your mom. He took the phone and spoke, "Hello?" 
You were looking at him, stinging pain in your heart, making you gulp. Taehyung's expression changed as he looked at you. He hung up and immediately hugged you, tightly yet delicately. He knew you were going to shatter, you were already shattering. 

As soon as his warm body made contact with yours, your eyes started shedding tears. You closed your eyes, your heart aching too much as your atmosphere went quiet. He held you, quietly and mumbled, "It's okay..." 

It wasn't. Not at all. 

He knew it wasn't okay either. He knew you weren't okay and saying it was okay would never fix this but that was all he could say. It was your dad, not just anyone. It was a great loss, great grief. It was the fact that you had lost him forever. 

---Time skip 

You looked at your father's face. He looked angelic while sleeping. 
"He won't even wake up again.." Your mom mumbled and cried, she was in great pain. You just stared at him, crying. Taehyung stroked your back slightly as your mom and Jungkook were being comforted by Mr and Mrs Kim, Mina. Mina came towards you as you hugged her. She was crying. Your father was like her other father. 
Taehyung stared at your father with teary eyes. His heart was aching as well, seeing everyone's state. 

Everyone in the room was crying. The nurses stood at the corner of the room quietly. 
"The burial.." Your mother mumbled as Mr Kim said, "I'll handle those... don't worry.." 

---------

Time passed by, and you weren't crying anymore. You could call again but you didn't. You were tired. It had been 6 hours. The burial was in process, your dad was going to be buried at dawn, tomorrow which was a few hours ahead. 
You all were in the hospital's hallway. You looked at Jungkook who was sleeping and then at Mina who was taking care of your mom along with Mrs Kim. Mr Kim was outside, taking care of the burial and stuff while Taehyung insisted to stay with you. 

You looked down, a tear escaping your eyes but as soon as it could fall on your lap, you felt a warm hand wiping off the tear from your cheeks. You looked beside you to see Taehyung. He put your head on his shoulder and said, "It's okay. Cry all you want, my embrace is open for you."
"I m-miss him... I c-couldn't even s-say a proper goodbye.."
You said, remembering the last time you talked to him. You regretted not giving him a tight goodbye hug and a lovely warm 'I love you, dad'. 
You thought you could do it the next time you met him but the next time never came. Regret was the worst emotion one could feel. Because it has no remedy, no fixing.