Chapter 18:: Care

Author's POV: 

You nodded and said, "I always slept with mom when I w-was sick *cough*.. So, you have to." 
He chuckled saying, "All pretending to be tough... you're such a dumbhead." 
You frowned at him as he got up saying, "Rest for a while, okay? I'll get some porridge for you." You nodded. 

Taehyung went out of the room and headed towards the kitchen to see his mom already cooking some porridge.
"It's done. Take it to her and make sure to blow it before giving it! Or you'll burn her mouth." Mrs Kim said as soon as Taehyung entered he looked at her blankly before saying, "How did you know?" 
"I know everything, son. I'm experienced. Now make sure to remember my advice and go. After that, eat yourself."
She said and patted his head who smiled a little, nodding. 

--Time skip 

"Mom's porridge tastes very good," Taehyung said as you looked at him and at the bowl of porridge. Judging by your expression, he was 1000% sure that you didn't like porridge at all. 
"Don't just stare, eat as well." He said as you said, "I actually... d-don't think I can..." 
"How come you leave me with no choice? I'm feeding you then, and shut up. Don't oppose or I'll throw your sick a*s out of the window."
He said as you bit your lips, not understanding why he was threatening you like that. 

He took a spoon of the porridge before blowing it lightly as you observed his actions properly. He hesitantly forwarded it towards your mouth as you stared at him with puppy eyes trying to get on his good side.
"Eat it or I'll seriously throw you out." He said as you sighed, eating from the spoon. You chewed it a little as your tense expressions eased. It definitely didn't taste as bad as you thought. Mrs Kim was definitely talented when it came to making porridge. 

He smiled a little and said, "It's good, right?" 
You just stared at him with your doe eyes and looked away as he sighed.
"Do your emotional mood swings come as a buy one get one free with your sickness?" He asked as you frowned at him before coughing a little. He patted your head and took another spoon, blowing it and feeding you. 

--Time skip

"I'm full.." You said, coughing a little as Taehyung chuckled saying, "Well, you should be. You ate two bowls." 
"You fed me.. forcefully."
You said. He thinned his lips and said, "Whatever, time to sleep. So close your eyes and sleep."
"Why are you so- *cough* so strict?!"
You asked, annoyed by his behaviour as he said, "Eat some more ice cream then!" 

You sighed and looked down, "You're so mean.." 
"Look, if you continue to become sick, it will... it.. will-"
He got stuck  at the end as you frowned asking, "What?" 
"It will... be painful for me! You'll bother me so it'll be painful!"
He said as you scoffed looking down. 
"You'll be at.. *cough* work anyway." You said. He sighed and sat beside you saying, "Do you think my parents will let me go to work leaving my sick wife at home?" 
"Just rest. It's okay." 

"Are you mad at me? You're acting so m-mean.. *cough*." You said as he said, "I'm not mad... I'm just worried, okay?" 
He sat beside you as you said, "Lie down... sleep." 
"Why should I?"
He asked as you spoke, "Add pillows first." 
"Shut up, will you? Do you think I want to sleep with you without pillows even though we cross it every time?!"
He asked as you coughed, looking away awkwardly.

"I can't sleep with you staring at me." You said as he laughed loudly making you frown.
"Do you think I'm a ghost staring at you?! What's there to be unable to sleep?" He asked as you sighed saying, "You're creepy." 
He lay down and said, "Now?" You nodded your head in approval earning a sigh from him.