Chapter 11:: Duties and Responsibilities

Author's POV || Flashback

Taehyung eyed you who was sleeping peacefully. The driver came out and took out the luggage helping Taehyung who said, "You can leave it here. Here's the money." 
He opened the car door and looked at your sleeping figure before carrying you in a bridal style, making sure not to wake you up. He felt you snuggling closer to his neck, making him gulp. But he would've lied if he said he didn't like it. 
A shy smile appeared on his face as he mumbled, "Ah.. why didn't you wake up? Dumbhead.." 

He tucked you in bed and smiled, caressing your hair for a few seconds and went outside to get the luggage.

--End of flashback

You smiled looking at the food and started digging in making Taehyung sigh. 

"Thank me for ordering this in advance, heh." He said as you chewed the food nodding. 
"T-ThWAnkS." You said while chewing a mouthful of food making him sigh.
"Bad habits surely never die." He mumbled and got up, walking towards the bathroom since he was done eating. You stared at his back leaving and mumbled, "He's not that bad." 

--Time skip 

It was bedtime now and both of you had separate rooms this time. 
"Look, if you need anything, call me on the phone. Though it'd be great if you don't, you can and you should if you need to." He said and walked towards his room as you sighed mumbling, "Weirdo." 

Almost an hour passed by and both of you were asleep in your rooms when you suddenly heard thunder. You frowned and sighed mumbling, "Ugh... why is it storming?!" 
You were trying to get back to sleep until you heard a few noises coming from another room. You frowned and got up mumbling, "Is this guy doing something dirty..? Why is he so noisy?!" You made a grossed-out expression just by the thought of it. 
You twisted the doorknob of his room's door to see it open. You peeked a little after chanting God's holy name but to your surprise, he was just sitting there, hugging his knees. 
"What's wrong with him?" You asked yourself and walked towards him. 

"Hey, are you okay?" You asked as he was tightly hugging his knees, clearly shaking in fear. You realized that it wasn't a simple joke anymore. Sitting beside him, you patted his back softly asking, "Are you alright, Taehyungsshi?" 
He shook his head mumbling, "I- I'm scared... o-of thunders-storms.." 
"Astraphobia.."
You mumbled and understood what was wrong. You sighed and sat closer to him, hugging him as soon as another thunder was heard. 

Almost 10 minutes passed by and the thunders were gone, the rain had also stopped. It was just mere rain. You looked at Taehyung who fell asleep in fear as soon as the thunders stopped. You got up and tried to help him lie down to sleep. You yawned a little, feeling sleepy. 
"It might rain again." You mumbled and sighed, not knowing what to do. You sat beside his lying figure wondering about random stuff until you fell asleep without realizing it.

---Next morning

Taehyung woke up, feeling the sun's rays hit his face. Getting up, he yawned looking beside to see your figure sleeping peacefully. 
"What is she doing he-" He was asking himself but stopped midway remembering last night's events. He realized that you were sitting beside him realizing that he was afraid of thunderstorms. He noticed how uneasy you looked while sleeping and sighed. Moving closer to you, he scooped you closer to him and slowly made you lay on the bed, careful not to wake up. But you pulled his t-shirt in your sleep without realizing making him lose his balance and fall on top of you. 

His eyes widened as he stared at your sleeping face which was inches away from yours. He could feel his heart pounding loudly to the point it was beating in his ears.