Modern AU Pt. 2

Ciel approached you at the lunch table with a grimace. You were in that damned oversized jacket again. You had been wearing it practically all month, and it peeved him every time he saw it. 

"Hi, Ciel!" You called from the table, waving him down. Yes, yes, he sees you. How could he not? The damn varsity jacket was three times your size—you were like a flag. Once he finally came over and sat down, you got off from the top of the table and sat down properly in the seat. "I snagged a good table, didn't I?" You laughed proudly. 

It was the table by the window, overlooking the school's trees, garden, and, ah yes, also a bit of the football field. 

"Yes, you did. What did you do? Ditch the last few minutes of class to run here and call dibs?" He chuckled. It was meant to be a joke, but he saw how your laughter stiffened meaning that that was indeed what happened. "What's with the jacket? Isn't it a bit hot to be wearing one? You're not even on the football team." 

"Hm?" You looked down at your brown letterman jacket with a giant B on the left breastbone, "Oh! No, actually, it's surprisingly cool in here. It's not mine, it's Bard's—you know, my friend in the GED program—he went here before he dropped out, and he was on the team. Anyway, he gave it to me a few weeks ago 'cause it was raining out. I still have to return it to him, but to be honest, I don't know if he's getting it back—it's so comfy!" You laughed. 

Ciel's frown deepened. You had plenty of your own jackets, why did you have to be so infatuated with this one? 

A few more days went by, and you still had yet to return what's-his-name's sports jacket. It was after school now, classes having ended a while ago and clubs concluding about 5 minutes ago. Ciel met up with you along the way and walked you back to your last class like normal. You usually left all of your stuff in there whenever you stayed after school for clubs, and the teacher let you, leaving the room unlocked and the lights on. 

You walked over to your desk to grab your belongings while Ciel's eye just wandered aimlessly around the classroom. He only stopped when he heard your voice, "Wait... is this my jacket?" You asked hesitantly, eyeing the jacket all over and flipping it every which way. 

The jacket was on your desk where you left it, and it was with your backpack and books—where you left it. But it was... you don't know... a lil' less old? Less worn down, more... new? 

"It's mine." Ciel spoke up, and you turned your head toward him, "But you can wear it." 

It was just then that you noticed how a C replaced the B that used to be on your-uh, Baldroy's jacket. 

You gave Ciel a skeptical look so he continued, "I ran into your friend—Bard, was it—earlier today so I returned the jacket for you. You know, you really shouldn't be stealing other people's things," He criticized. 

"How... I- uh- wh?" You stuttered momentarily, "How did you even get one? You're not on the team?" 

Ciel shrugged, "You're not going to find many people willing to argue with the rich student willing to buy one." 

Fair point. 

"Sure I can wear it?" You teased, "I don't want to steal again," You asked as you put it on. 

Ciel shrugged once more, "Do with it as you will," He commented, leaving the room, expecting you to follow. You secured the jacket before you picked up your backpack and trailed behind him. Ciel looked to his left as soon as he noticed you catch up, and for once, Ciel wasn't annoyed to high hell when he saw you in the school's varsity jacket.