It's Christmas Eve

"Ciel, I have a proposal!" You yelled, your face merely centimeters from his own. 

      "A proposal?" He glanced up from his papers, raising his eyebrow. 

       "Yes!" You screamed. Ciel backed away slightly before giving you a look that stated he was willing to listen. "It's Christmas season! Since I love to decorate the place and celebrate, and you don't, I thought of a compromise! It's Christmas, so absolutely no compromise or problem is going to keep me from locking you out of your study, and since you will not be working, you might as well be with me!" 

     Ciel didn't even try to hide his scowl. It was almost as if to say he would rather be working than spend the day with you, which was kind of insulting, but you ignored it, "Here it is: I won't decorate the place; there will be no signs of Christmas besides the Christmas tree. Then... on Christmas, we will just spend the days together; no presents." 

      Ciel sighed, you assumed he was analyzing his choices and had figured out that this was the best he would really get. "If I don't agree, you're going to decorate?" 

   "Weeell~ Maybe Lizzie and I." 

    That last sentence was the seller. "Fine." 

     "You agree!?" 

      "If I don't, you'll make my manor look like a dollhouse, and if I say no to that, you'll do it anyway." 

   He wasn't exactly wrong with that thought. 

   ~ 

     It was Christmas Eve! When you woke up, you immediately ran downstairs, not even bothering to put on actual clothes. Out of the 2 days that Ciel would not have any work, this was one of them. 

       After asking Baldroy for a cup of hot chocolate and wishing everyone a Merry Christmas, you noticed Ciel walk downstairs. 

    He appeared to have had the same idea as you, for he was in his night clothes as well. 

    "Good morning, and Merry Christmas, Ciel~!" 

    He only groaned in response. 

   Quickly eating breakfast and requesting a second cup of hot chocolate, you dragged Ciel to the library. 

   In the middle of the room, beside all of the tables and chairs already available, there was a large, brown chair and a small stand. That was your favorite chair, it was the one you sat in every time you read inside of the library. 

    Dragging Ciel toward it, you snatched the book you were going to read from its seat before pushing Ciel onto the chair. 

   "This is what we'll be doing the whole day, today! If we get bored, and choose to change our minds, we can do something else, but I wanted to do this." Setting your hot chocolate on the stand beside the chair, you sat on top of Ciel. 

  "Ugh, you're heavy..." He groaned. 

   Opening your mouth in fake offense, you gently hit Ciel on the chest with the book, "I am not!" 

    Leaning back and snuggling into Ciel's torso you began to read the book. Ciel acted as if he was being forced to do this, for he neither moved nor participated, he merely looked around the surrounding area.

    Eventually, since the chair was so large, you slid into the seat properly, no longer sitting on Ciel's lap. Of course, that didn't prevent you from snuggling with him and laying on him as if you were trying to merge with him. As the hours passed, Ciel's hostage behavior faded and he began to engage in the novel. 

     The day progressed like this, and oddly enough, neither of you minded. You enjoyed reading to him, 'cuddling' with him, and simply having him near you, and unknown to you, Ciel actually liked you being near him. Your voice, your scent, and your touch; he may not have hated this single Christmas.

    It was a nice day.