He comforts you (Part 2)

(A/N) ...Kinda... This one has fluff at the end 

 (Part 2) 

   "I'll ask you again. This is your last chance for mercy. Do not peg me for a fool; taking yet another man's life is of no consequence to me. Who is your master? I don't care how little the detail or feature." He asked sternly. He was loud yet calm. He was someone who knew exactly what he was doing, and he wouldn't regret a single decision. 

 Once more, the strange man feigned complete ignorance. His fate was sealed.

   "You come into my manor. You scare my Lady. You cause a wake in this otherwise quiet night. Do you have a death wish, gentle sir? Surely, you knew what you were up against. Allow me to be clear. No man nor group has ever successfully attacked a guard dog, and no such tale has ever been relayed. Do you know why? It's because men aren't dumb enough to try, and the fools... they don't make it out alive. You've sparked fear in my Lady, and now she is trembling in the grass. Your doings are absolutely unforgivable. Do you think I'd let you go?"

   The intruder was quivering on his hands and knees. He begged for his life once more but his words fell upon deaf ears. Sebastian ensured that the man couldn't escape as Ciel walked closer to him in short strides. Ciel was taking his time. He may have seemed ruthless on the surface, but you could tell that he was still quite sleepy. As soon as he was close enough, the young lord kneeled onto the ground and leaned into the man's ear. You watched as Ciel's chapped lips moved in silence. A smirk played on his face while he spoke, and the intruder's horror worsened.

   A few seconds passed by before Ciel's blade was no longer shining. A thick red newly tainted the reflection of the beautiful moonlight, suffocating it. It didn't take long for a pool of blood to surround the assassin, a fresh wound residing in the strange man's chest and his DNA ruining the color of the grass and small ferns. Perhaps the man was marking his grave, the place he wanted to be buried.

   Ciel stepped away from the body and dropped his blade once the man collapsed into his own mess. The weapon tinted the green and brown of the ground beneath it, but Sebastian would have that cleaned up by morning. For now, Ciel returned to you.

   It didn't fully dawn upon him until now that someone tried to kill you. He knew it wouldn't happen --Sebastian has strict orders-- but it was still nerve wracking to know just how close a blade was to the wrong heart.

   Ciel took you away from the scene and brought you back inside. Facing your bedroom was going to be a task for the morning. Until then, you had no choice but to reside in the guest bedroom beside Ciel's.

   He didn't dare to show signs of concern or worry; he held a monotonous expression like always. But, you knew. He refused to let you sleep in any other room than the one abutting his own that night. Even the room closest to Pluto offering extra protection wasn't acceptable. The boy even helped walk you all the way to your new room as if you still couldn't support your own weight. He protectively held you close to him, like a toy that a stubborn child refused to let go of lest it be gone forever.

   He acted polite and courteous by kissing your hand before bed, but you felt his hand linger on your own before he finally let you go. Ciel practically had his own language. It was one that not even he knew of. It was non verbal, and it feigned apathy. But if you listened very closely, if you paid attention to every distinctive glance or stalled second, you could understand. It was similar to the way that animals communicate to the humans that can't understand them.

   You knew Ciel well. You knew that if you thanked him in person then he would try his best to act as if it was nothing and conceal his worry or appreciation. So instead, since your room was directly next to his, you chose to knock on the wall behind your bed frame. Another thing you knew: Morse code.

   "Thank you,"

   You put your ear to the wall in the hopes of receiving a response. You didn't actually think that he would send one, but you could hope.

   "Of course,"

   You heard a knock and quickly pulled your head away from the wall. You were pleasantly surprised. You trailed your hand along the wall, wondering if Ciel had been positioned against the fixture as well and awaiting a possible response. It was probably ridiculous, but you could have sworn that you felt a warm spot a little lower on the wall. You became completely convinced that that was where he was on the other side.

   "I love you," You knocked back. Your hand stayed on the warm spot as you pressed your ear back to the wall. "Goodnight,"

   Ciel waited a few seconds before responding. His next set of knocks came slowly and with gaps. "I lo--ve yo-- too,"

   It was almost as if he feared that saying it would jinx it.

   You tried to get comfortable in your new bed before you closed your eyes. You still didn't remove your hand from the warm spot on the wall.

   A few minutes had past and you were left staring out the window. You couldn't fall asleep just yet. You assumed that Ciel was already asleep, he seemed exhausted the last time you saw him. Maybe it was the same moon that you saw in the window that kept him up tonight. Whatever it was, you knew he wasn't asleep when a few more knocks resounded from the wall. They were much softer, so faint that you almost didn't hear it. He must have thought that you were already asleep and didn't want to wake you. A smile fell upon your face once you finally pieced his coded phrase together. You didn't respond. Perhaps it was best if he didn't know that you heard.

   "Goodnight,"

(To be continued...)