When it's his birthday

~HAPPY BIRTHDAY CIEL!!!!!~ 

       Today was a very special day. Today was the day of which one-three years ago, the one you loved was born. You were ecstatic about it. If you wanted to make it cheesy: The day of which a woman allowed your heart to be freed from its dark hole, finally having something to fill it; t'was the day in which fate allowed your love to be born, so that one day, he could enter your life. 

     But those were words that you were to think about in a dream, cringe about later, and never, ever tell. Although you love Ciel dearly, he's never going to know those words ever grazed your thoughts because he is dating a human; not cheddar cheese.  

     With that out of the way, it's Ciel's birthday! You knew well that Ciel hated his birthday and didn't wanna celebrate it. That was something you could accept after figuring out what had happened to him, even if he refused to tell you all of what happened. 

      However, you still got him a gift. If there was one thing you disliked about his birthday, it wouldn't be the lack of a party, it would be the pain it causes him. He appears to not care when someone says happy birthday, -he seems more annoyed- but you could tell that in those exact moments, hurtful memories flashed through his mind. 

    Truthfully, you were probably adding onto the problem by giving him a gift, but at the very least, you were hoping to give him a few good memories on his birthday. 

        As of now, you were both in the dining room enjoying breakfast together; the tiny gift box secretly stationed on your lap for the easy access. Upon finishing your food, you stood up and walked toward him. 

    "Happy... Birthday. Don't worry, it's not much. It's just something I thought may be helpful later..." You said, handing him the present. 

    He took the box out of your hands, lightly examining its size. "Thank you," He replied: neutral. Waiting beside him for a few moments, you watched as he placed the box atop the table. 

   Lightly nodding your head, you accepted the fact that he wasn't going to actually open it yet, and left the room. 

    You would understand if Ciel never opened your present and simply left it to exist in a random room of the manor. You would even understand if you found it in the trash one day; sure, you would be upset that he never opened it and merely threw it away, but you would understand. 

              You could only think he would give it a chance. 

     Ciel's P.O.V 

        While working on some papers inside of my study, I heard Sebastian's voice, "Don't you at least want to see what Lady (Y/N) got you?" 

    Looking up, Sebastian was concentrating his gaze on the blue box. 

   "Not really." I replied. 

      He sighed, leaving it at that, and exiting the room shortly after. I attempted to regain my concentration for my work, but just like a tune that gets stuck in your head, I couldn't stop thinking about the gift. 

      Caving in, I grabbed the box and opened it, revealing an eye patch. Furrowing my brows, I took it out and sighed. 

     Taking off the patch I was wearing, I put the new one on before walking to the window of which held my reflection. It wasn't bad, it fit nicely. It wasn't fully black. Unlike my others, this one seemed to have a tint of blue in it. 

     This was surely a gift from her.