Halloween

(Fun Fact: I first started this last Halloween.) 

       "Meow!" Leaning over Ciel's desk, you made the announcement that you were in your 'special outfit'. 

     "You're dressing up for Halloween?" He asked, raising his brow. He appeared to be silently judging you. 

      "Yes! Aren't you?" 

     "No. I don't particularly fancy the idea of walking up to random strangers in a costume and asking them for candy." He answered. You could understand that; Ciel already owned a candy company and was rich from it, he could just buy the sweets if he wanted them; and that's not even touching the fact that dressing up in public for any purpose other than a social event required by work would be considered utterly patronizing for him . 

     "Well... how is it on me?" You asked, spinning, showing off your entire look. It was quite cute in your opinion; black shirt, black boots, a collar, black tights, black cat ears, and a thigh high, black, fuzzy skirt. 

     "I'm allergic to cats." He replied, most likely giving you 3% of his attention. 

     "Then I'm a special cat, I'm hypoallergenic!" Ciel continued to show no interest. 

      Pursing your lips together, you got down on all fours and crawled over to Ciel's chair, rubbing your face all over his leg. 

    "Stop it." He commented, not even bothering to look down, "Stop it." He repeated. 

    "Meow!" You yelled, "Love me!" You proceeded to add more pressure, pushing your face harder against his bare leg. 

     "I'm working. Exit." He groaned, crossing his legs. 

       This fight for attention was not victorious, resulting in you having to admit defeat so soon. 

   "Then I suppose I'll go to Sebastian. He likes cats..." You sighed. 

    As you stood up and walked toward the door, you realized you had finally received at least 20% of his attention, "Sebastian?!" Turning around, you noted Ciel's frustrated face. It was clear he didn't mean to express that aloud, "Try Finnian. You're more likely to get a better reaction out of him." He grumbled, returning to his work. 

    A smirk formed on your lips; that was too adorable. "Okay." You answered. 

      Burgundy... red truly was a lovely colour on his cheeks, whether it was caused by anger or embarrassment. 

   ~ 

      Finally returning from trick-or-treating, you decided to greet whoever was home. Oddly enough, the first person you saw was Finnian. 

    "Ah, Lady (Y/N), you're back?" He asked. 

  "Yes!" You exclaimed, walking up to him. Flashing him a glimpse of your candy, you revealed a satisfied grin, "Look at all the candy I got!" 

    Your happy face seemed to cheer him up even more, adding to his usual upbeat attitude. 

    "Do I get a reward for my efforts?" You asked, lowering your head a bit. Finny seemed to get the hint for he proceeded to pat you on the head like a cat. 

        Thanking him for the affection, you walked upstairs, getting ready to eat your sweets. 

   On your way, you happened to meet Ciel, causing you to grab his attention merely for the reason to flash him your candy as well. 

   He didn't have much of a reaction to your earnings, but nonetheless, took one out of your bag and began to eat it. 

"Hey! That's my job!" You shouted, pulling your bag away from him. 

"It was just one piece. Come," He replied, signaling you to follow him into his office. 

  Giving a huff, you began to follow. "Why do we need to go to your office?" You asked. You received no reply at first, but when you finally entered the room, you were instructed to dump your candy onto the floor. "Why?" 

 "We have to check it, right? Empty your bag." 

   Not questioning him any further, you dumped all of your sweet candy out onto the floor before seating yourself beside the mounds. Ciel did the same. 

  And with that, you both started to investigate the candy! 

   A mere few minutes must have passed before Ciel spoke, "Hmm... this one doesn't look right..." He commented, holding up a piece of chocolate candy. "I better eat it, just to be safe." He concluded, unwrapping the chocolate and popping it into his mouth. 

   Looking as if he was thinking, he moved the candy around his tongue before speaking again, "Nevermind, it's fine." 

   "You better not start eating my candy..." You complained. 

  "Oh, this one looks bad, too... and this one," He replied, taking another piece of chocolate and a single piece of hard candy, popping them into his mouth. 

   You lightly shook your head with a smirk, "Ciel, the black licorice seems a little odd, how about you try them, too?" 

   Gathering all of the licorice into one hand, you dropped the candy on Ciel's side. 

   Leaning over, taking the shortest glance known to man, Ciel dismissed the idea, "No, they look fine. You can eat them." 

   ~ 

   After about 15 minutes, you had both finally finished looking through all of the candy. And not long after that did Ciel's business phone ring. 

 "Hello, Phantomhive speaking?" He answered. 

   "Hi, did you lose a cat? We found 'em," Replied the person, suppressed giggling in the background, "Well, actually just the collar." 

   After a few seconds of confusion, Ciel, completely unamused, turned to you. He didn't notice before, but your collar was missing. Hanging up the phone, he stared daggers at you. "Would you happen to know why I just got a call about someone finding my 'cat'?" 

   Your nervous laughter did not lighten the tension. "Well... since I was going as a cat, I thought it'd be cute to have on my collar, 'If lost please contact...' and then your number. Because I would be your cat. I didn't actually intend to lose the collar..." You chuckled. 

   Apparently, it wasn't as cute as you thought it would be, but you still would do it again. 

 (Bonus: 

    "Well, I thought it was adorable! Here! Take the black licorice, it's black like your heart!" )