At The Gates of Hell

"The key that allows entry into the demons' castle," Ultima thought, "If the item's rank is equivalent to the rank of the instant dungeon, that means Winter has a low chance of survival," It explained bluntly. "The smart thing to do would've been to focus on leveling up as much as possible before entering this instant dungeon," Ultima nearly instantly thought up a better plan than this. "After B-rank, dungeons get exponentially more difficult," He thought, with worry in his distorted and raspy voice. "That's why only a few S-rank dungeons have been found. One of them is on Kauai Island," Ultima recounted the story he overheard when Winter was young. "A dungeon break occurred when the s-rank dungeon failed to collapse, and when someone was trying to play 'God,' the island became a wasteland no longer fit for human habitation," it thought, "Even if a strike squad of S-ranks form, it's impossible to know if they'd be able clear the monsters created on that island," Ultima thought with speculation. "That's why Winter shouldn't have entered an S-rank dungeon," Ultima explained.

                Cerberus lunged forward at Winter, mouths wide. "S-rank monsters are menacing!" He thought, leaping away, "I must not overlook that!" Winter thought, leaping up, "My attacks won't break through their defenses, and they're strong enough to insta-kill," he thought, swinging at Cerberus's arm, "I entered to simply find out whether or not my current attacks worked on such deadly monsters," Winter thought to himself, looking back to see blood fall to the ground from where he cut. Cerberus attacked back at Winter. Taking this opportunity to attack, he rushed around Cerberus, making several cuts.

~>System<{" [Title: Way of The Hunter], [Lvl: 1], Buffs Has Been Enabled,"}>it rang<~
~>System<{" The [Skill: Speed] Has Been [Enabled]. [+30%] More Speed For [One Mana] a [Minute],"}>it rang again, informing Winter<~

                He landed on his feet, took a deep breath, and attacked even faster, with twice as many slashes and cuts as before. Landing to the right of Cerberus, skidding back from the speed he carried with him.

~>System<{" [Skill: Bloodlust] Has Been Enabled,"}>it rang in a notice tab<~

                Winter focuses on Cerberus, and a wave of his powerful aura rushes in Cerbus's direction.

~>System<{" The [Gatekeeper of Hell, Cerberus]'s Resistances Are [Too High], The [Effect: Bloodlust] Has Been [Cancled],"}>it explained<~

                 Cerberus roared, and their aura broke free from the effect's restraints. "My attacks won't work?" Winter asks himself, glaring at Cerberus with frustration. "From a growth standpoint, this is the best opponent I could ask for," he thought, standing up straight as Cerberus loomed just a few feet away, "But my attacks don't have any effect," Winter thought with a sigh, "I can't believe I'm still so much weaker even with my title buffs enabled," he added, looking up at Cerberus. "Even if this dungeon isn't S-rank, there's no doubt that it's somewhere around that level," Winter thought and kept a close eye on the large dog.

~>System<{" The [Gatekeeper of Hell, Cerberus] Has Used [Skill: Rage]. [Cerberus] Will Be in a [State of Rage] for [3 Minutes]. All [Attacks] Will be [Increased x2],"}>it rang as a warning to Winter<~

                Cerberus dashed at Winter, stomping into the ground with each step. "The System is telling me our difference in strength," Winter thought, leaping up and stabbing the first head. Cerberus looked up, unaffected by Winter's dagger in its eye. "Oh fuck," Winter cursed to himself.

~>System<{" [Cerberus], Cannot Feel Pain,"}>it explained to Winter<~

                "Damnit," he sighed, then noticed the other head lunging forward to bite down on Winter. He avoided the attack but couldn't push off much. The Sharp K9-like teeth bite into Winter's left shoulder. He grits his teeth, and Cerberus continues with their assault by slamming Winter into a brick wall. Cerberus backed off, letting go of Winter's left arm. He looked to his left arm to see a large hole in his shirt and coat. "Jesus!" He breathed heavily and coughed. "The warnings keep coming," he thought, "even in this dire situation, the System is trying its best to ensure that the player doesn't die," he thought, bleeding.

~>System<{" [Skill: Tenacity] Has Been Enabled Because Your Health Has Fallen Below 30%. All Damage Taken Will Be Reduced by 50%,"}>it rang, doing everything it could to help Winter<~

                "Anyone can tell that what I've gone through," Winter thought, "Is different from a normal reawakening," he thought while looking up at Cerberus. "If I have become someone's avatar through the System," Winter explained to himself, "I have no choice but to exceed their expectations," he thought, getting deeply serious. "I'll swallow the System whole," he thought. "Accept Reward 1. Status Recovery," he commanded with deep, blood-red eyes. Darkness consumed his face. A beam of light flashed into Cerberus's face, and as it was lunging in to take another bite from Winter, he grabbed one of the head's teeth. He pulled each fang in the opposite direction with nearly all of his might. Cerberus's head spins, its neck snapping and jaw ripped out of its socket. Winter leaped up and grabbed his dagger in Cerberus' eye. With immense speed, he cuts nearly through its whole head. Moving to the other, he slammed his daggers into the third's head while the first dangled lifelessly. "Die," he screamed, cutting through the third head with both daggers, splitting it into two.

~>System<{" The [Player] Has Defeated [The Gatekeeper of Hell, Cerberus],"}>it rang, notifying Winter of his success<~

                He landed on the ground, watching Cerberus fall lifeless to the ground when notifications spammed him with level-up sound effects. "Thanks to you, I now know how strong I am," Winter smirked. "I would die if I opened those castle doors," he explained, looking over at the closed doors of the demon world. "I'll come back after I've become stronger, I promise," he chuckled, watching smoke emerge from the other side of the door.

~>System<{" [Item: Warden's Necklace]. [Rank: A]. [Type: Necklace]. +20 Agility, +2- Sense,"}>it displayed over this item<~
~>System<{" [Item: Key to The Castle]. [Rank: A]. [Type: Key]. A Key That Can Open The Doors to The [Demons' Castle]. Obtained by Killing The Gatekeeper,"}>it displayed over this item as well<~

                With the return to the real world, the night was dark. In a skyline of towering buildings, a coffee shop house with two odd friends. Cyrus sat across from another young man with spiky purple hair and matching purple eyes. Formally, he wore business attire, and Cyrus was not. "Why did you ask to see me?" The stranger asked Cyrus. "I heard that people don't ever find out what happens in the dungeons," Cyrus began. The Other man grinned, "What are you talking about?" He asks, pretending to understand. "Here's $1 million. I trust you understand what I'm trying to say by giving you this much money," Cyrus slammed a big duffle bag of money on the table and leaned back confidently. "I'll need one million more than this to take out the others," The other man explained. "Can you get the money?" He asks, "When you get the job done," Cyrus replies, crossing his arms, "Asking me to squash a couple of bugs is a piece of cake," the man replied, "But bugs aren't the only things inside the dungeons. There are also other people," he responded. "B-ranks are considered high-level Mythics. Major guilds and corporations often want them," the man explained. "Do you know why I decided to work for the surveillance team at the Dungeon's Association despite the bad pay?" He asks, "You sick bastard," Cyrus glared at him. "Because I enjoy killing humans way more than killing monsters," he explained. "Yada yada. Will you take the job?" Cyrus asks. "Yeah," he replied, looking down with disappointment in himself.