Strangers

Waves of Mana erupted from a battle, the rubble flying up into the air. Cyrus' head swung his head to the side, as the shards of his mask flew from his face. The mysterious man watched with glowing yellow eyes and swung a hook into Cyrus' stomach. Blood flew from his mouth, and launched back into the ground. The mysterious man appeared over Cyrus and before he could even blink, pulled his hand back before reaching out at his head. Cyrus flinched, waking up in a hospital bed, "Shit!" He thought, "It wasn't a dream?" Through puffed, bruised eyes, Cyrus looked over to see a Government Official at the door. "What the hell do you want?" He asks through gritted teeth, "I wanted to ask you this myself, who was that man?" They ask, "Are you implying that I attacked a random guy?" He asked, looking at the Government Official. "That thing handed my ass to me and then some! That's no human, dumbass!" Cyrus responded, "It's hard to say, because 'that thing' has some morals," the Government Official replied, presenting a tablet. The same mysterious man stood between two walls of rubble, pushing them out with one hand each. Allowing two other men to escape their prison of debris. "Not a lot of Monsters would risk their life trying to help normal people-" the Government Official began- "Do you think he's still a monster?" Cyrus looked at the Government Official and sighed, "He said that he knew my mother and a man without a grudge would not have beaten me like a toddler if he wanted to reconnect," Cyrus explained, his lips cut and dry. "There's no mistaking it, he wants revenge!" He added, "Very well, once you're recovered come see the board." the Government Official replied, putting his business coat on, "There are some forms you need to fill out because of the property damage, alright?" He asks, "What happened to that guy anyway? Did you see where he went?" Cyrus asked, "He disappeared just shortly after the fight, just as easily as he appeared-" the Government Official responded- "EWR is trying to track him down, but I have my doubts we'll find someone strong enough to defeat you," he turned his back to Cyrus, headed out the door, "Fuck," Cyrus sighed.

                "What a humiliating defeat!" He thought, "Don't you ever get in my way of finding my son again-" the mysterious man began in a flashback- "I'm not saying this for my son's sake but for your sake!" He explained standing on his chest, "You will never rest in peace, even in death if you stand in my way one more time!" Cyrus began trembling, "That bastard! How dare he threaten me like that!" He thought, gritting his teeth, "I already know where he's running off to, Klato, but I'll need the right equipment before I run after him-" Cyrus thought- "I need help from a guild, once I acquire some artifacts, I'll have no problem with him!" He thought, "After I recover from these injuries, I'm gonna rip that bastard to shreds!"

                Deep within Klato, Winter sat in his office. A mid-sip of his coffee, "The Mythical Auction Market is as expensive as ever!" He thought while scrolling on the computer in front of him, "Online or offline, either way, there are materials and items that can help save lives," Winter continued, searching for something specific. "I'm honestly not surprised that equipment used by High-ranking Mythics often costs millions, but why are the others so expensive?" He sighed, "It seems impossible to purchase good quality equipment with my funds. Even if I thought I saved up plenty by now!" He glanced over at his inventory, and found the 'Orb of Avarice' untouched, "Maybe I could sell that," he spoke. "No it's far too valuable if I get a good mage as my Shadow Soldier, maybe I should buy something from the shot and sell it off instead," Winter added. "I need at least something fire resistant, cause I'm bound to fight some demon with fire magic of sorts!" He sighed, leaning back into his office chair, "Even if I could sell it, I'd have to disclose where I got it!" Winter thought, "When people see an E-rank Mythic listing a powerful artifact that can't be found in lower dungeons, they'll probably start talking," he continued in thought, sighing aloud. "It'll take some time for me to get my S-rank license, let alone a MDA license!" Winter closed the Mythical Auction Market tabs, "If only there was at least one record of me entering an A-rank dungeon-" he added- "I could use that as an excuse to make my listing seem less suspicious!"