Reaching For The Sky

At the Klato airport, a handsome middle-aged man with shaggy black hair and a neatly trimmed black beard stepped through the gate with a slender young woman with neatly parted neck-length black hair beside him. She held onto a suitcase that rolled across the airport floor. Simón turned to the woman, "What do you think is with all the commotion?" He asked in Spanish, "I'm not sure," Ms. Nores replied. "There's someone powerful here," he mumbled, "Powerful? How powerful?" She asks, "Maybe I'm wrong. Why would someone like that be here, of all places?" Simón asks himself in thought. "My apologies. The crowd made it hard for me to get to your gate," an MDA agent stepped through the crowd. "No worries, so there is something going on at the airport today?" Simón asks, "Not quite, a Mythic from Flore is visiting Klato. He's here on personal business, so there is nothing to be concerned about," the MDA agent explained. "A Mythic from Flore? I wonder if he has anything to do with recent events," Simón thought, stepping towards the agent, "This way please," he gestured to them to follow.

                Mr. Sears sat at his desk, both hands on the table. A Clipboard rested under his palms, "so this is Simón Alcabú. The very Mythic that is the Guild Master to the biggest guild in Wido-" Mr. Sears began- "He is no ordinary man, simply because his guild rivals the Golden Dragon Guild in Flore in size," he thought. "Draw Sword Guild holds 11 S-ranks and many lower ranked Mythics, While Golden Dragon Guild has 10. Unlike them, the Scavengers' Guild has 15 S-ranks, and are the largest in the Pacific Colony," Mr. Sears continued. "Mr. Sears, my name is Violet Nores. I am Mr. Alcabú's interpreter," she explained, "I will be relaying Mr. Alcabú's meaning to you," she added. Simón commented on something in Spanish, "Due to the recent disastrous events, we have come to the conclusion that Kauai Island can no longer be neglected," Ms. Nores translated. "We have come to pledge our full support," she added. "Their full support?" Mr. Sears thought, "Now, let me get straight to the point. We came here because I want to form a united strike squad composed of only our top-ranking Mythics. What do you think?" Simón asks in Spanish. "Why do I feel he has other intentions? Does he really want a united strike squad?" Mr. Sears asked himself in his mind. "You want all of that to attack the ants at the heart?" he asks, "Yes, exactly," Simón replied. "I know that your top Mythics are extraordinary, but attacking Kauai Island at the heart of S-rank monsters is just too dangerous," Mr. Sears explained. "Not to worry, we have prepared a strategy," he responded. "These are the file documenting the date we've gathered on the ants," Ms. Nores passed a document to Mr. Sears. "Every ant rivals the strength of a high ranking Mythic, but they possess a fatal weakness-" Simón began- "They have a significantly short life span of one year. If we can just kill their queen, all the ants on Kauai Island will die within a year," he explained. "We Just have to kill the queen? It certainly sounds more realistic than killing the entire colony," Mr. Sears thought, "But in reality, trying to kill the queen will be equally hard," he added. "Do you know that the ants will die for their queen?" Mr. Sears asks, "Of course they will, and we have to get past thousands of ants in order to kill their queen if we were going in without anything more than the plan. We won't have to battle all of them if we can get some to leave their tunnels," Simón reasoned. "Is that possible?" Mr. Sears asks, "Yes, it has happened three times before. Back when Mythics arrived at the shore of Kauai Island to carry out a search and destroy mission, the ants left their tunnels and headed toward the battlefield," he explained, "Where is this listed in the document?" Mr. Sears asked, "The events are confirmed by our mana radars. Around page five," Ms. Nores replied. He nods, turning to that page. "We plan on participating in the Kauai Island raid," Simón explains, "in addition, we will be in charge of distracting the ants. Please, have your Mythics defeat the queen. The rest of my guild members will arrive shortly," he continued. "If they successfully create a diversion, only the queen and a few of her guards will be left inside the tunnels," Mr. Sears thought.