Chapter 6 (REVISED)

Xaervin's POV

"Xaervin?" The crown princess called out my name, raising an eyebrow. "Are you alright, Your Highness?" I asked, concerned. She nodded, slumping back into her chair.

It had been three long months since she had become bedridden, and she was often bored despite her and Hana's drawing sessions in the next room.

"Uhhhhh, how much longer do I have to pretend to be sick?" She groaned. My eyes widened, and I immediately shushed her.

"You'll get into trouble if someone hears you!" I whispered urgently. She rolled her eyes and absentmindedly played with her hair, showcasing her basic magical skills.

Lately, she had been learning magic from me, who was in turn being taught by the tower mage. Her progress was impressive. She quickly absorbed advanced magic and was even reaching my level. It was truly astounding.

"Xaervin," Her highness called out to me, "Yes, your grace?" I answered, she paused for a moment and stared at window at her side.

"Write a letter to the Falcon knights, observe their progress, and as usual, be discreet and do not be found." She ordered, keeping her eyes to the window, I nudge around to look at what she's staring for the past minute-

I took a pause,

It was the royal family having a picnic under the ytril tree.

The princess have been begging me to let her go outside for the past two months to observe that specific tree, I guess she can feel the mana radiating off of it.

I gazed at her eyes, her demeanor, her everything.

These past few months with her, I felt like I was with a different person than the first time we met. I'm glad, that before I become something that's something evil and vile, I met someone as pure as her

"Why are you staring at me?" Her eyes met mine, she chuckled playfully as her cheeks became a shade of a light shade of red. I grabbed the handle of the back of her chair to support the weight as she leaned back into it.

"I apologize your Highness," I smile back at her.

--

Anastasia's POV

It's been three months since I've been observing and supporting the falcon knights secretly, luckily the butler was a narcissist and easy to manipulate, I quickly got hold of this castle's finances and half of it is going to the knights while being under my name.

"Our princess Anastasia," I heard a voice called out from my window, I saw two little bunnies holding a flower as an offering to me with their tiny little paws.

"We are indebted to the goddess' daughter, Anastasia, may the goddess feel your kindness by saving my whole family from the devastating rain that destroyed our home." I giggled and gladly took their offering, they then left promptly as I returned my gaze to the ytril tree.

As by nature, my gaze then fell to the royal family. I don't have that many rage kept inside me, but why do they seem so happy while I had to struggle with a curse that wasn't my fault?

I was fine with Ariliana and the others, but the emperor and empress were the one I had hatred for. They were the adults in the situation whereas I was just an infant.

Will I feel that kind of joy? I shook my head to get rid of useless thoughts.

I should respect the original Anastasia, the one who had been ridiculed and neglected, it isn't right to make friends with the royal family while her and them were enemies..