Chapter 10

Anastasia's POV

I noticed that Hana still hadn't returned, and it had been a couple of weeks since I last saw Xaervin as well. Cordelia had stepped in to serve me during the day and night in their absence.

As night fell, I couldn't help but feel the chill of the winter breeze, wondering if it was colder this year or if my own feelings were playing tricks on me.

"It's a lost cause you know." Somebody spoke. I turned my head to the window to see a young couple talking in front of ytril.

I raised a brow, why did they had access to the palace garden? I called out to Cordelia who approached me immediately.

"Yes your highness?" She asked.

I pointed to the young couple in front of my window, they must've been the same age as me, maybe a bit two years older?

Cordelia's eyes began to wonder as she spots the two couple.  "Ah the young man is viscou-" I cut Cordelia off,

"No, I'm not curious of which nobility they belong, I'm curious on how they had access to this palace garden. " I clarified as Cordelia realized on what I meant and muttered a faint long 'ohh'.

"Don't you know the occasion today your highness?" She raised a brow, I made a face as she immediately apologized on her comment.

"I'm sorry your highness, but today is the beginning of the festival of St. Gabriella." Cordelia finished, my mouth went agape, the festival of Gabriella is the part where I would meet with my future fiancé.

The prince of the kingdom of dreams, Sir Luixel De Vunch, also known as the male lead. How pitiful of Anastasia to dedicate her heart wholeheartedly to the man who'd eventually fall for her sister.

"There is a noble party in the palace in which sir Calisto is hosting." I almost spit out my drink in the absurdity of all.

"Calisto?! Hosting a party?! My 5 year old little brother?!" I laughed in each stop. Cordelia didn't knew how to respond as I just kept laughing my mind off.

"But I love you!" Me and Cordelia paused as a man yelled outside. I look to see the young couple again, only this time, the energy felt like a scene from a soap opera.

"It seems as a tragic young love fight." Cordelia said as I nodded in agreement.

"How can you say you love me when you are betrothed to another?!" The young lady yelled with tears as she pushed of the young man's arms that was gripping her shoulders.

"My father forced me! I swear my darling! I could never love another woman after seeing the most beautiful eyes I ever had the blessing to see. Your eyes are like the stars shining through the darkness that cripples me with every breath I take." Me and Cordelia almost jump out of our seat after hearing such heartwarming dialogue.

We immediately turned our heads to see the young woman's reaction, she was sobbing while frantically shaking her head.

"H-hey, whats the name of those two again?!" I shaked Cordelia as she didn't take her eyes off the two as did I.

"The young man is the son of viscount Muntchester, the young lady is the daughter of Lady Aleuntia." Cordelia explained as I nodded.

"I won't fall for the sweet tongue of yours, no..not again." The young lady ran away in tears.

"Cara! My Cara!" The young man chased after her as Cordelia and I covered our mouths in excitement.

"I heard that Sir Jacque was getting married to a noble in another kingdom, but I never knew he and Lady Cara were in a relationship." Cordelia added as I immediately became interested on the spectacle we witnessed.

"What fun." Was all I said before chuckling, I then returned to my book and Cordelia left to change my beddings.

"Will you attend the Festival your highness?" Cordelia asked, I gazed at her and raised a brow.

"Am I allowed?" I asked, she look stunned but hesitated. "Should I ask permission from his highness?" Her innocent eyes shine at the moon as I chuckled.

"Do what you want." I flared my hands and turn a page. She nodded and continued with what she was doing.

...

"Your highness!" Somebody woke me up from my slumber sleep. "What the hell are you waking me up early for??" I gazed annoyed at Cordelia who had a wide smile.

"His highness, sir Calix is waiting for you outside!" I raised a brow, what the hell is my younger brother doing outside in this hour. I look outside to see the sun already starting to rise.

I grab my coat and open my door, I gazed annoyed at the surprised Calix holding Calisto's hand.

"S-sister!" Calix muttered while I raised a brow. I look down to see Calisto hiding behind Calix, his face buried in his legs.

"State your reasons, why the hell did you woke me up this early." I asked, but I guess that was enough to make Calix tremble. I rubbed my head in annoyance which made him finally fixed himself up.

"C-Calisto hosted a party." Calix stuttered as I raised a brow. "I know." They were taken aback by my replied which I was confused.

"Some young nobility came and made a scene at my garden." I smiled at them. "Why didn't you come?" Calisto asked while I stopped.

He look at me all dog eyed, cutesy, heart warming and- oh god, he was so adorable.

"I-I wasn't invited, nor informed." I 'coughed', Calix looks at me confused. "What? I exclusively sent out a maid to give you the invitation letter." Calix furrowed his brows.

"I don't know?" I raised a brow at Calix while he frowned. "Calisto had been waiting for quite some time yesterday." Calix avoided my gaze while he spoke.

I furrowed my brows and sighed.

"What will the young highness want from me?" I dasked as Calisto's eyes sparkled. He smiled widely and shook his head.

"It's a secret!" He chuckled while me and Calix shared confused looks.