chapter 14

Anastasia's POV

"Have you decided what to wear, your Highness?" Hana's voice perked, and her curious eyes glistened as I saw pink petals falling from the cherry blossom tree. The breeze whooshed, I held onto my cup hoping petals wouldn't fall on my drink.

"Not yet, I'll decide after I finish my lunch." I calmly said before grabbing my plate, Hana stared at me with furrowed brows and a frown. 

"Aren't you worried? You have not yet chosen a partner, not yet been informed about the contents of the gathering, and have not yet chosen a gown!" Hana sighed in defeat and looked like a deflated pillow as she lay on the table.

"Don't fret Hana, if something is supposed to happen, I know I can depend on people I trust." I smiled at her, but I was lying, I knew for a fact that something big was gonna happen on my event, and I plan to utilize it. 

She faintly smiled at me and felt relief, I don't why but since the days has past since I first got here, I feel like my old self but..improved?

When I first transmigrated here, I acted and felt like the original Anastasia, but now?

I feel like myself, softhearted and caring, but I feel like I've improved so much that people don't view me as a doormat. It's somewhat relaxing should I say? I grown as a person and I differ from the character.

But I don't feel so at home though, as I know that something huge is supposed to ruin my party like what happened at the original Anastasia's ball. I am not so certain if it would be the same as I already did too many different actions from the original plot.

"Anastasia?" I turned around to see who called but surprisingly no one was there? "Are you alright, your highness?" Hana raised a brow, she looked at unease, I knew she could sense something was..off to say the least.

"Did you hear it too?" She stood up and stood beside me, the wind still gushing and swaying with the leaves, but this time, it was more angrier. The branches were also affected, it felt like a tornado was about to hit.

"Ah!" I gazed at seeing Hana, who had a small bleeding scar on her hand, made by the flying small chips of wood. "Hana, stay behind me!" I commanded her, she looked at me with dismay.

"Your Highness I am your maid! Even if I suffer from a few casualties, I still need to protect you, I swear under oath!" She said, I felt quite touched but also quite furious. So what if she was a maid? It didn't take away her right to be a person with feelings and safety!

I grabbed her by the waist as I pulled her behind me, I cast a spell by grabbing the dagger under my skirt and engraving a cast by blood onto my hand. A purplish shield surrounded us as the wind grew stronger and stronger. It didn't affect the spell at all though, it was as strong as titanium.

"Your Highness! Your hand!" Hana frantically searched for her handkerchief and immediately took my hand, she stopped for a moment before putting the handkerchief to bandage the wound.

"Your highness, can you keep a secret?" She stared into my eyes, with no emotion. I felt uneasy, this was not the Hana I knew. It looked like she was devoid of all human emotion, her rosy cheeks were gone and she looked like she was dead serious.

"Y-yes.." I replied to her, she dismissed her handkerchief and grabbed something else in her bag..

A...paper?

I stared at it curiously, it was blank? I then flinched when she placed it onto my open wound and started crying. What the actual fuc- I was cut off by my confusion when all of a sudden the wound was GLOWING?!

I gazed at Hana who stopped crying, her eyes met mine and it was so different from before. Her eyelashes were white like snow reflecting off from the sky as it sparkles in the night sky, her eyes became the color blue like crystals, it wasn't a single shade, no..it was sparkling.

She became a completely different person, I didn't even notice her hair changing, it became a light pinkish shade, her rosy cheeks were back; this time they were more apparent.

"Ah-uhm I, huh?" Were all the stuff I could mutter, I didn't even know where to start, I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW WHEN TO START?! My wound was completely healed for one, two THE WIND STOPPED FOR SOME REASON, AND THREE WHO THE HELL WAS IN FRONT OF ME CRYING???

To say I was at a loss of words was an understatement, I was completely flabbergasted. I was intrigued, happy, curious, saddened, confused, and huh? all at the same time.

This was the girl I've been with since the start??? Since when, who like huh?! I'm curious because I never saw or heard of her in the original novel, and she can do a whole 360??

"I will do all of the explaining your highness, but first." Hana stood up, guiding me to do so as well as she seated me back. "I need to take care of something that followed me here." She muttered, I saw how she made my shield dissapear as my mouth went agape. The winds started violently gushing again, but this time it stopped as soon as it began when Hana striked down something in the branch.

She didn't cast a spell with blood or shoot something, all she did was..she sang? I became curious as only Anastasia had the ability to cast spells through singing or that kind of stuff.

As soon as Hana started singing, I felt my body getting energized. It was like a power source? I gazed to see the trees shaking violently until..

A bunny?

I gazed to see a little bunny jump out the trees as it stopped shaking. Before I could even admire how adorable it was, Hana made a slashing motion in the wind as the bunny well...got slashed in half.

A scream of terror went out my mouth, especially because the bunny's blood was like a waterfall splashing onto a hard surface. I felt the red hot liquid dripping down my cheek as I felt my stomach was churning.

"Do not feel sorry for that damned bunny your highness, it wasn't a bunny." Hana spoke up, her crystal blue eyes were filled with anger. We watched as the blood puddle formed into a dark entity with red eyes and a grin wide smiled.

"You, unholy being should not be stepping in something as holy as the ground the Goddess's daughter stepped on." My eyes widen, what the hell?? How did Hana know about that?!

"I am the creation of your damned goddess, I am the thing that you all fear." The monster yelled as I covered my ears. It shrieked and cried out as Hana splashed holy water onto him, his cries changed from a cat crying to a baby crying in pain.

It was like hell.

No matter how I tried to cover my ears, the noise was so loud and clear as if it was happening just right besides me. The monster finally stopped as it burned and fizzed out. I stared at Hana who approached the puddle and made a swirling motion in front of it causing the puddle to rise and evaporate.

She then turn to me, her eyes still sparking as her pink hair swayed with the soft breeze.

"I've been waiting for this day, Princess Astheria." She smiled as I felt my heart dropping.

The Villainess Doesn't Careजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें