chapter 7

Anastasia's POV

I woke up feeling sore, I sat up and saw Henrietta reading a book before returning her gaze to mine.

"Did you sleep well your majesty?" She smiled as I nodded,

"Actually your highness I've been curious about one thing since I came here." She states while closing her book and crossing her legs.

"What is it?" I responded, standing up, returning my gaze to hers.

"How did you find me." She smiled while I raised a brow, "I pulled some strings," I responded, she didn't look satisfied with my answer.

"Not to offend you but," her gaze slowly rose from her cup to my eyes. "An illegitimate princess with no power, her staff consists of two people, and her 'knight' is a prince from a fallen kingdom."

She smirked,

I paused.

"I don't think you're really capable of pulling such extreme strings."

I dropped my brush and immediately looked at Henrietta, how the hell did she knew that Xaervin was a fallen royal?!

"Oops, I guess I wasn't supposed to say the last part of that sentence was I?" She made an exaggerated shocked face while having her hand cover her mouth.

"What do you want." I squint my eyes, as hers lit up. "For you to be the empress." I laughed while her face had a serious one.

I tilted my head and scoffed, "You're not serious are you?" She looked offended on what I said.

"Of course I'm serious your highness," she stood up and circled the table to approach me. "Don't you dream of not being ridiculed for being born out of wedlock??" She laughed and stared at me with dead eyes.

"The reason you chose me because you wanted to use Alicia Lockes in the future," I raised a brow, she was stating the truth. Alicia was a war hero and led many successful wars earning medals back and forth.

She built everything to be perfect, and me bringing in her illegitimate daughter would ruin everything she worked for.

Particularly, I just need her in case I want to plan a rebellion, since the moment I woke up, I've been reminiscing on what the original Anastasia said about her revenge.

"You're right," I smiled.

"I'll allow you to use me if I can make sure the grand duchess suffers," I look at her with widen eyes. "Are you sure with your decision? The grand duchess isn't someone that easy to break down." She scoffed.

"I promise, I'll do everything even if it equates my life." She smiled,

"Your highness?" Hana knocked on my door, I told her to come in as she was carrying a plate and a drink.

"Ah, greetings Lady Henrietta," she placed the tray down and bowed at Henrietta. "Greetings," she replied with a smile.

"Your highness, sir Xaervin sent you a letter." I raised a brow at Hana while she took something out of her pocket.

"The kid who gave me the letter mentioned that sir Xaervin safely arrived at the mage's tower." My eyes widen as Hana handed me the letter.

"Mage's tower?" I looked at the letter with a raised brow. "I'll excuse myself then your highness, please consider what I said." Henriette gave me a gaze before shutting my door on her way out.

So troublesome.

This is too troublesome.

"Uhm, your highness?" Hana snapped me back to reality as I jumped a little. "Ah yes," Was all I said before opening the letter.