chapter 19

Anastasia's POV

"You are beaming with beauty sister!" Ariliana exclaimed excitedly as she attached a flower clip in my hair.

"A spitting image of her mother," My heart dropped when I heard the Empress' voice entering the room. I quickly stood up and faced her with a confused look while Ariliana immediately bowed and shivered.

"M-mother! I apologize for not bowing any sooner." She stuttered.

The empress only gave her a slight glance before returning her gaze to me.

"You are the spitting image of your mother— Ah, how unfortunate I forgot her name, was it Beatrice? Or Faerin?" She smiled while I raised a brow. Hana had a shocked expression while Cordelia had an angered one.

The Empress was provoking me with 'guessing' or mocking my mother's name, in this kingdom 'dancers' were usually named Beatrice, Faerin, Jillian, and all sorts to hide their true identity. She knew what she was implying, and she knew who she was provoking.

"Unfortunately my memory isn't the best, I barely remember any memories with my mother nor her name. But I'm glad in the Empress' eyes she's reminded of her glory," I smiled while her face couldn't contain her disgruntled look

The look in her face put me at ease knowing she doesn't have the influence to me or other people as much as she did when I was still naive.

"Your Majesty," A knock came from my door to see a royal guard waiting to escort the empress out.

The empress had bit her lip and glared at me while I bowed and smiled, "Don't lose your head darling it's a bit frantic here." The empress chuckled.

I looked at her with widened eyes and shock.

It was a reference to chapter 18 in the original book, where Anastasia had a dream about being beheaded for her being an illegitimate child. The small Anastasia couldn't do anything but cry and ran to the empress, who just chuckled in the same manner she did.

She knew about the dream.

She knew what she was implying.

"Please worry about your own health from now on your majesty, you might meet our goddess a little earlier than expected if not careful." I waved goodbye at her with a smile, while my left hand was hiding behind my back, clutching the blade of dagger after I prepared it just in case upon her entering.

The doors closed as I threw the dagger immediately to the portrait hanging near the door.

"AN IMPOTENT SNOB!" I yelled out in anger, Hana and Cordelia ran towards me with bandages and water.

"Your Highness, what have you done?!" Ariliana gasped at me shock as she supported my back after I fell to the ground.

"She's a witch, a manipulative, lying, little bitc-" Before I could finished my sentence, my door opened to see Xaervin rushing towards me with a worried expression.

"Let me heal it please," Xaervin gazed at me, while offering his hand.

I placed my bleeding palm above his, as a magic glow started to emit from his hands. My eyes widened and amusement became present in my face, I can't believe he learned how to do black magic without incorporating his blood or scars.

Usually, a dark mage would need to slit any part of his body to make certain spells like this.

"Thank you," I whispered, his eyes met mine as he nodded.

"The party is in half an hour, your highness." Xaervin carried me bridal style and placed me gently on my couch.

"Handle the guests before I arrive, Hana and Cordelia find out where my siblings are, and Xaervin on your way out I need you to task our knights on securing our palace strict." I ordered as they nodded and bowed.