chapter 20

Anastasia's POV

My feet were restless under my dress, good thing I knew how to hide my anxiety well.

"Your Highness?" Xavier called out to me, I was surprised he wore noble attire and dressed elegantly. I tilted my head while he held my hand, a warm contact I met when I touched his palm with mine.

"Please don't worry so much, I promise I'll take care of everything." He kissed the back of my hand and smiled, my cheeks turned red as I just nodded.

"Is my nervousness that apparent?" I frowned in unease, he shook his head and assured me. I felt his breath on my neck as I flinched, his voice whispered, "I'll always be here to be your guide, your Highness."

My cheeks blushed as I nodded to his words, I turned my head to Ariliana who called out to me.

"Sister, you look...amazing!" Ariliana had a pause with glimmer in her eyes, she had a smile on her face. I felt Calisto tugging on my dress as he held a flower pin in his hand.

"A gift," Calisto chuckled, I smiled and gladly accepted, they bid farewell as I waved goodbye.

I felt wary of standing by myself, nobles were only staring at me not daring to make a move. Of course no nobility would be conversing with the cursed princess of the royal family.

"Hello, your Highness," I heard someone say in the background, I ignored it presuming it was directed to Calix, not until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

My face was filled with red from embarrassment, "A-ah hello sir," I took a brief pause for a moment. It was Killion something Vilueve? He was the man requesting to be my partner when I first spread the news.

"It is an honor to face the blooming royal of the kingdom." He kissed the back of my hand and bowed, for some strange reason I felt a burning sensation somewhere on my left.

"Thank you, sir Vilueve." I smiled at him as he shook his head,

"I'll be honored if you can call me by my name, your highness." I smiled at his words and nodded.

"If it would please sir Killion then I'll gladly grant his wish." He smiled and offered me a drink.

"I must say, our family don't usually converse with the royal family. But, I am glad I was able to convince my father to let me meet you, your grace." His words left me in a blush as I chuckled, the burning sensation of somebody watching didn't disappear though.

"You praise me too much, Sir Killion." I raised a brow as he only shook his head, "A beautiful woman is a blessing sight to see, but to see the royal princess that's very hard to see is like a jewel that's priceless." I could feel myself turn red at his compliments, I admit I'm weak against pretty men.

"I see your conversing well with Her Highness, Killion." Xaervin called out as Killion smiled at him. I raised a brow, I didn't know they knew each other? I met Xaervin's gaze with a curious one while he sighed.

"Sir Killion was my study partner in the academy," he came closer to me in a whisper. "It was mandatory in the mage tower for me to receive such education," his breath feathered on my bare neck as I immediately retreated away.

"A-ah I see, you didn't tell me you had friends in the academy though?" I pouted at Xaervin as he only smiled. I felt Sir Killion stare so I changed the topic.

"How close are you with Xaervin then Sir Killion?" I tilted my head, he chuckled while I raised a brow.

"You can say we were somewhat a chaotic duo in the academy." I raised a brow, I looked at Xaervin who had an annoyed gaze while Killion only had a playful look on his face.