Chapter 16

Ariliana's POV

I sat in front of my older sister, Anastasia. Her every movement was refined and elegant, I'm quite sad that the title of the crown princess wasn't permanently hers, although I'm comfortable that my brother got it, I think my sister could have handled it much better.

"Is there something wrong with my face?" She asked, I then gazed at my sister with widened eyes, "N-no! Of course not sister!" I shook my head, and all she did was chuckle at my response, her blushed cheeks made me flustered, she looked like a fairy.

"I came here to ask for your blessing Ariliana," She placed her cup down and changed her expression to a serious one. "Yes, what is it sister?" I tilted my head while she seemed amused at my reply.

"As you know, my debut is coming up, and I'm wondering if you would like to be an..." She took a pause, "Well, the Sunflower of my debut alongside me." I felt my heart drop after what she said.

The Royal Family has an important and famous layout for a Royal's Grand Debut. "With your knowledge, I assume you're already familiar with the Flowers for the Goddess Gabrielle," She smiled, I took a pause and waited for her to explain.

"The flowers symbolize the Goddess's disciples in the early times, the sunflowers are usually the ones who the debutantes view as an unwavering source of light," She smiled while I felt myself turning red, I couldn't believe my sister who I looked up to for years is finally acknowledging me.

"What about Calix and Calisto, my dear sister?" I asked out of worry, she may not know but Calisto our dear baby brother has a habit of stalking her Highness when she's outside, his perspective of her grew kindly when she helped him get bandaged up and comforted him when he cried outside.

Oh how sorrowful would he be when he discovers that he may not be included.

"Don't worry about that, I already designated Calisto to be my sweet Lilac of the debut." She chuckled, I sensed truthfulness in her. When I had awoken my powers some time ago, I knew when an individual was trustworthy or had schemes when approaching me.

Ever since I laid eyes on my dear sister after my powers were awoken, I knew she was trustworthy the moment her aura glowed a warm hue. That's why I always disagree when some nobles call her a cold woman, her smile alone can fill a whole room.

"You've planned well, my dear sister." I sipped my tea.

My eyes gazed at her beautiful face, her cold undertones perfectly matched her light blonde hair, if I pictured the Goddess Gabrielle only my sister would come to mind, she fits perfectly with the description of the Goddess.

"A Goddess with skin as pale as winter snow, with her eyes like flames that glow. The golden sun's rays could not compare, to the waves of her hair that was bare." I commented, my sister paused in her tracks, seemingly alarmed.

"The poet of the Goddess, I- uhm was hoping to recite it-" I was cut off by my sister coughing.

"I never knew you read the Holy Scripture sister," She cleared her throat, the expression on her face changed from calm to alarmed.

"We, the royal family are disciples of our Goddess so the Holy Scriptures were always a part of our education my dear sister." My brow raised, she seemed caught off guard by my reply.

"Yes, that was my fault, I had been caught up in busy affairs that I haven't been tending to my education." She frowned, my eyes widened and I immediately apologized to her.

"Please do not feel that way! Your intelligence surpassed all of the tutors before you so it is a must for you to take a break!" I replied, she took a deep breath and thanked me. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and gazed at me with solemn eyes.