chapter 12

Anastasia's POV

I bid farewell to the emperor, I was left stunned and confused.

"Your Highness?" Cornelia's voice chirped, I turn to my right and saw her face with a smile.

"You look pale your highness, do you need water?" She asked worriedly. I shook my head as a no and grabbed her hand as our elbows interlock.

She didn't speak anything of it which I thank. "Ah, I forgot to inform you, a guest is waiting for you in the garden." I turned to see Cordelia with a giant smile and I grew suspicious.

She's not usually happy when I have noble guests over.

........

"HANA!" I ran over to Hana happily and hugged her, her familiar vanilla scent lingers. "I'm sorry your highness I didn't return sooner, I had important things to fix." She explained with tears in her eyes, tears of joy.

"Has sir Xaervin not returned yet?" She asked, I shook my head as she gave me a saddened look. 

She then gazed to my side and grinned widely when she saw Cordelia, "Maella!!" She screamed and hug Cordelia. I became confused, 'Maella'? 

"What do you mean 'Maella'? Isn't her name Cordelia?" They both look at each other, startled. "It's a nickname, your majesty!!" Cordelia immediately replied then chuckled nervously.

I nodded my head, still suspicious.

"Your Highness!" Sir Herald of the Falcon Knights yelled out to me, he then gazed at Hana and greeted her also. "What do you need sir Herald?" I tilted my head while he looks at me dismayed.

"T-the Eagle knights!" He panted, out of breath, the Eagle knights are the highest rank of knights below the Royal knights. What the hell are they doing now?

"They're provoking and threatening us, and Sir Harold is getting very angry.." My blood boiled. 

"Lead me there."

..

I immediately heard the commotion, "So?! Do you think you're so tough now?!" I heard some chuckling and annoying snickering. "Please, I'm telling you calmly to please leave." Sir Harold's voice shook with anger.

"Make." The 'leader' I supposed, came closer to Sir Harold's face. "Me" He finished his sentence.

"Just because you are being supported by that cursed 'princess' doesn't mean that you're all so strong now!" Sarcasm laced his voice while his peers snickered and agreed. I saw how Sir Harold's anger became more apparent as he readied to punch the asshole.

"Cursed?"

The whole place silenced, as I saw the wretched man turned to me as his face paled. The Falcon knights immediately greeted me and bowed, Sir Harold look dismayed and disgraced when he saw me. "I'm sorry if I did not handle the situation earlier your Highness-" I cut him off.

"No, people like this are unsalvagable," I said while circling my finger to the man. "I apologize your highness!!" He immediately got down to his knees and begged for forgiveness. It looked like he was about to wet himself. 

I rubbed my head in pain, what a severe nuisance can't believe people are having this much free time to annoy other people. They all look at me, cautiously wondering what my next move is.

If I don't handle this by tomorrow, people will surely get heard of this instance. I'll get ridiculed and my coming of age is coming up. Since coming of age is 17, I need to have a proper, introduction.

"What is your role in this kingdom?" I asked the man, he hesitantly looks up to me before immediately averting his gaze. "I am merely a lowly knight in comparison to you, your highness." He stuttered.

"Oh so you are aware, then why do you speak as if you have higher authority than the royalty you slander?" I raised a brow, I saw how he swallowed his fear and muster up the courage. 

"I am but the idiotic fool your highness, I beg for punishment!" He said, but, he knows I can't punish him severely. As it already affects my villainous reputation. "You will step down as your leader position in the Eagle Knights sector." Everybody gasped, he dared to look at me with anger in his eyes.

"Your Highness, I wonder if you did not know that the Nikoli family is the one that handles our sector." He tried not smirking but he cannot hide his irritation. I then grabbed his chin and placed my foot on top of his thigh making him fall to the ground.

"Are you fucking dumb?" The whole room was immediately silenced and his smirk was wiped clean off his face. 

"Let me remind you who you are talking to, The First Princess of the Valentine Royalty, Anastasia Nikoli  Valentine." I smiled at him.

"I was first my mother's daughter than the royalty that is giving you patience today." Each word I said with meaning as I felt his shivering. If I was in his position I would've killed myself.

I let him go and signaled him to stand up, "Since it looks like I need to get into my mother's side affairs with these kinds of stuff, I'll be visiting the duchy when I come of age." I promptly said and left, just..left.

Cordelia and Hana immediately followed and I felt a whole lot of anger. He better thank his Goddesses that I left him off now.

..........

........

"Are you alright your highness?" Hana asked worriedly as my hand bled from all of the documents I was writing. Since Xaervin left and I fired the butler, I had been the one handling the finance of the castle.

Since the interaction three hours earlier, I had vented all my frustrations into my work until my hand bled. "Please just let me tend to the wound." Her voice broke as she was holding back tears. Cordelia couldn't do anything but just watch in discomfort. I sighed and lent Hana my hand.

She immediately disinfected and bandaged it, Cordelia took my finished documents and delivered them. 

"You always make me wonder your highness," Hana mutters and sighs.

"I do too."

............

A day later

..................

"Your Highness?" Cordelia's voice woke me up, I called out to her to help me get up from my bed. I look to see and it was still the dead of night as I raise my brow. I turn to her as she had this giant smile, before I could say anything loud pops and confetti came out of nowhere.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUR HIGHNESS!!" They all yelled out, I turn to see Arilliana, Calix, and Calisto clapping and yelling in their pajamas. I saw the whole Falcon Knights standing outside and inside my room by the door.

I felt so much joy that I couldn't even describe it with words..it's so...welcoming.

"Thank you so much!" I had tears in my eyes as I held the bouquet Calix gave me, Hana then came in with a cake singing happy birthday.

Arilliana then lit the candle and assisted Hana towards me, "Make a wish your Highness." She smiled. I waited for the song to be just close to being over before saying my wish.

"I wish, that.." I smiled before continuing my wish. 

I wish that sir Xaervin was here," I said before blowing out my candle, but before I had the chance to, the window suddenly opened and a gush of wind entered. I felt a cold sensation on my neck before turning around as a familiar voice said.

"Your wish is granted my Highness."