Part 31 (Home Sweet Home)

The next day, a plan was formed. Rick, Daryl, Maggie, Glenn, CJ and T-Dog would clear the walkers from the yard as a group whilst the others would take out as many walkers as they could from behind the fence. They took out each and every walker with ease. Being on the road may not have been fun, but it definitely made them stronger.

Rick slowly lead the way until he stopped suddenly and held his hand out for the others to do the same. Just around the corner, was a cornered off part of the yard, completely crammed with the dead. Too many for the six of them to take on.

A growl came from behind CJ and she turned to see two walkers headed her way wearing full riot gear before a couple more appeared from around the corner. Daryl shot an arrow at one of them but it just bounced off its helmet. The first walker lunged towards Maggie and she instantly grabbed at its helmet to push it away and drove her knife into it's head from its neck.

The walker dropped to the floor and she looked up to the others in disbelief. "See that?!" she asked with wide eyes and a smile.

CJ ran at one of the walkers and swung her leg around to knock it down before ripping its helmet off and plunging a blade through the top of its head, twisting it and yanking it out again. "This shouldn't be fun," she muttered to herself with a small grin.

The others dealt with the rest of them, which involved Rick taking a gasmask off one of the dead ripping off the skin of its face in the process. Even after everything the group had seen, that was pretty gross.

"It looks secure," Glenn said as he looked around.

"Not from the look of that courtyard over there," Daryl responded.

"That's not a prisoner or a guard," CJ pointed out as she looked down at one of the dead walkers on the ground. "This one's a civilian."

"So the inside could be overrun with walkers from the outside," T-Dog added.

"Well if there's walls down, what can we do?" Glenn asked. "We can't rebuild this whole place."

"We can't risk a blind spot," Rick shook his head. "We have to push in."

CJ, Rick, Daryl and T-Dog made there way into the prison whilst the others waited outside until they were told it was safe. Rick found the keys for one of the cell blocks on a dead guard and they slowly walked around past all the cells to check it was clear.

As CJ walked past one cell, a trapped walker slammed itself into the bars and reached its arm out to her. Needless to say, it scared the shit out of her. She squealed and jumped back. She brought her hand to her chest for a second before rolling her eyes and letting out a sigh, almost disappointed in herself for not anticipating something like that to happen after all this time.

"Fuck you man," she muttered to the dead prisoner as she put her knife through its forehead and letting it drop to the floor of its cell.

"You alright down there?" she heard Rick call out from the top level.  She looked up to see him glancing over the railing with a smug look on his face, clearly he had seen her little jumps are moment.

"Oh, shut up," she said playfully, narrowing her eyes at him. Although, she couldn't help the small smile she had as she looked at him.

He went around to unlock all the cell doors and they piled up all of the walkers to burn outside later on. T-Dog went  to get the others and they all began to pile in with their bags.

"What do you think?" Rick asked them.

"Home sweet home," Glenn deadpanned as he headed over to one of the cells.

"For the time being," Rick replied.

"And it's secure?" Lori asked.

"This cell block is."