Part 32 (Inmates)

Daryl kept watching their backs as the group made their way through the prison and back to the cell block. Everyone scrambled to lift Hershel off the table and onto a bed so that they could bandage his leg. Once they knew he was taken car of, Daryl tapped CJ on the shoulder and gestured for her to follow him back out.

They both waited, watching the door in silence with their weapons raised, waiting for the five prisoners to come through. They tensed up slightly when they saw the first man  slowly walk in and look around at them.

"That's far enough," CJ muttered as the rest of the prisoners came in and stopped.

"Cell block C," the man with the gun began. "Cell four, that's mine, Gringo. Let me in."

"It's your lucky day fellas," Daryl quipped. "You've been pardoned by the state of Georgia, you're free to go."

"What you got goin' on in there?"

"That ain't none of your concern," CJ replied, still holding her bow and arrow up ready to shoot.

The man locked eyes with her and raised his gun again. "Bitch, don't be tellin' me what's my concern." Daryl took a few steps forward and tensed up again.

"Chill, man," another of the men said. "Dude's leg is messed up. Besides, we're free now. Why are we still here?"

"Listen to your buddy," CJ said, completely ignoring the gun pointed at her.

"Yeah, I gotta check on my old lady," another one said.

"Group of civilians breakin' into a prison you got no business being in? Got me thinking there's no place for us to go," the gunman thought outloud.

"Why don't you go find out?" Daryl asked rhetorically.

"Maybe we'll just be going then," one of the prisoners said with a strong southern accent.

"Hey, We ain't leavin'," the gunman snapped.

"You ain't comin' in neither," T-Dog shot back as he came around the corner with his gun raised.

"My house, my rules. I go where I damn well please," the prisoner responded, turning to point his gun at T-Dog.

"There ain't nothing for you here, why don't you go back to your own sandbox?" Daryl retorted.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Rick called out as he entered the room. ""Everyone just relax. There's no need for this."

"How many a' you in there?" the gunman asked.

"Too many for you to handle," Rick replied simply.'

"You guys rob a bank or somethin'?" the man asked. "Why don't you take him to a hospital?"

CJ lowered her bow slightly as Rick turned to look at her and the others. There was a moment of confused silence before Rick asked; "How long have you been locked in that cafeteria?"

"Going on like ten months."

"Riot broke out. Never seen anythin' like it," another one of them said.

"Like attica on speed, man," the blonde prisoner added.

"Heard about dudes going cannibal, dying, coming back to life?" the shorter man spoke up. "Crazy."

"One guard looked out for us. Locked us in the cafeteria, told us to sit tight. He threw me this piece and said he'd be right back," the gunman explained.

"That was two-hundred-ninety-two days ago," the taller prisoner added.

"Ninety-four, according to-"

"Shut up!" the gunman hissed.