Part 50 (Isolation)

Tyrese practically dragged Rick, Daryl, CJ and Carol with him to the small yard out back of the prison through the death row cells. There was a blood trail along the floor from both cells all the way to the door. Their eyes widened in shock when they looked at the two bodies on the ground. Black and burned down to almost nothing.

"You found 'em like this?" CJ asked Tyrese, her voice slightly shaking in shock.

Tyrese slowly turned to look at her before looking back at the bodies. "I came to see Karen... saw the blood on the floor. Then I smelt it..." he trailed off quietly.  "Somebody dragged them out here and they set 'em on fire!" he yelled. "They killed them and set 'em on fire!"

He took a step towards Rick, who moved back slightly as a reflex. Tyrese got close to his face. The others all stepped up and prepared to have to drag Tyrese away if need be.

"You're a cop. You find out who did this, and you bring them to me," Tyrese demanded. "You understand? You bring them to me!" Daryl tried to grab his arm, but Tyrese shrugged him off, never taking his eyes off of Rick. "You need me to say it again?!"

"No, no," Rick shook his head. "I know what you're feelin'. I've been there. You saw me there. It's dangerous."

"Karen didn't deserve this!" Tyrese cut him off loudly. "David didn't deserve it. Nobody does."

Daryl stepped forwards again. "Alright, man-"

He was cut off by Tyrese grabbing his shirt and shoving him back against the gate. "Man, I ain't going nowhere until we talk about who did this!"

"Hey!" CJ immediately stepped forwards, as did the others as they all went to stop Tyrese. Daryl held his hand up to stop them from doing anything and they slowly backed up.

"We're on the same side, man," Daryl said calmly.

"Hey, look," Rick began quietly. I know what you're going through. We've all lost someone. We know what you're going through right now. But you... you gotta to calm down."

Tyrese let go of Daryl and harshly shoved Rick away. Carol tried to get between them as Rick steadied himself.

"She wouldn't want you being like this."

Tyrese swung his fist at Rick and Carol screamed at them to stop. They ignore her and Tyrese hit Rick again, knocking him to the ground.

"Tyrese, that's enough!" CJ yelled as she offered Rick a hand up and Daryl grabbed Tyrese, holding him back.

Once Rick was up, his expression became angry and he threw a punch at Tyrese, forcing Daryl to let go of him. Carol looked completely shocked, almost scared as CJ put a hand on her shoulder to try and calm her down, realising that there was no chance she was stopping Rick.

He got on top of Tyrese and kept punching him until Daryl dragged him off. Rick was yelling at him to let go but thankfully he didn't. Once he was stood, he shoved Daryl away towards CJ and Carol. It was like a switch flicked in his head. His expression changed to one of both shock and confusion as he looked down at his bloody hand and realised what he'd done.

CJ took one more look at the burnt bodies on the ground. Whoever did this knew what they were doing. There must have been a reason. Leaving them to burn out here for anyone to find? That's what made it ten times worse.

Council Meeting...

"It's spread," Hershel began. "Everyone who survived the attack in cell block D. Sasha, Caleb and now others."

"Jesus," Daryl mumbled.

"So, what do we do?" Carol asked.

"First things first, cell block A is..."