Part 75 (Jesus)

A month after the battle against the herd, Alexandria was pretty much at the end of its recovery. The thousands of walker bodies had finally been cleared from the streets; the wall had been repaired and reinforced.

Sasha, Abraham and Daryl told the group about an encounter they'd had with a group of men they'd met on the road, calling themselves the 'Saviors.' Daryl killed them all before they had the chance to actually do anything, but not before their ringleader had mentioned the name 'Negan'. Beforehand, Daryl had come across a couple that were from the same place. He tried to help them, but they ended up taking his crossbow and bike and leaving him in the woods. Rick made a call that no one head out too far from Alexandria for a little while, just in case there were more people like that around.

No one objected to that call; in fact, many of them were grateful for it. Two of whom being CJ and Daryl. After both of them having more than their fair share of near-death experiences in just those few days they were apart, neither of them wanted to be away from each other for long. During the month of fixing Alexandria, the majority of their time was spent together.

Early one morning, CJ was stood in the bathroom in front of the large mirror, wearing just her undone jeans and her bra. The freshly healed scar from her gunshot stood out on her shoulder, but she didn't care about that one. Her fingers traced back and forth over the long, white scar across her lower abdomen as she just stared at it through the reflection.

See, ever since Glenn and Maggie announced their pregnancy to everyone, CJ kept having these prodding thoughts in the back of her mind. She tried to ignore them, thinking herself stupid for even worrying about things that were out of her control. But she couldn't help it. She kept replaying her last conversation with Deanna, asking herself the same question over and over again. What did she want for herself?

A knock on the door startled CJ from her thoughts. "C, can I come in?" she heard Daryl's voice from outside.

"Yeah, one sec," she called back as she started to zip and button up her jeans.

She headed over to the door and unlocked it. Pulling it open, she was greeted by the sight of a shirtless Daryl. She smiled up at him as he put a hand on her side and kissed her temple as he walked around her into the bathroom.

He headed over to the sink and turned on the tap, hunching over to splash his face with water. CJ stood in the doorway, leaning on the frame as she just started at him with a hint of a smirk. He lifted his head and caught her eye through the mirror.

"What?" he asked, noticing her watching him.

"Nothin'," she shrugged coyly. "Where's your shirt?"

"Where's yours?" he shot back with a smug raise of his eyebrows.

CJ bit her bottom lip as a shy giggled escaped her. Let's just say, they had a good night... and morning.

He smiled and shook his head slightly as he went back to washing up. CJ walked up behind him and wrapped her arms around his middle, placing light kisses along his scarred back. He stood up straight and she felt him lean back into her touch as she hugged him tighter and rested her cheek on his back.

Daryl held her arms where they rested on his stomach. "You alright?" he asked softly, turning his head to the side.

"Mm-hmm," she hummed as she started kissing up his back again, getting on her tiptoes to reach the base of his neck. He sighed contently, making her smile against his skin.

"We gotta get ready," Daryl muttered, reluctantly turning to face her. He rested his hands on her sides before snaking his arms around her middle and sliding his hands into her back pockets.