* The Meeting *

(nobody's perspective)

"Water Breathing! Fourth form, Striking Tide" Giyuu shouted, in his monotone voice. The demons head slid right off as if it was as easy to cut as a thin strip of hair.

Just another day...

Giyuu tilted his head just enough to look up into the night sky, but so he could see his surroundings...

"I wish he was here with me. Sabito...Sabito loved the night..." Giyuu's thoughts echoed his head like the was Grand Canyon. "Sabito would probably drag me up a tree with him" Giyuu cracked a small depressing smile.

Such beautiful silenc- "SQUAK SQUAK!!!" Giyuu was interrupted by his crow, Kenzaburou.

"Wah-...it's you. I thought you were a demon..." Giyuu said in a quite tone. "It is nice to see you, Tomioka...toni- oh I mean tomorrow.? Wait yesterday?" Giyuu's old, decrepit crow stuttered on the next order, as always.

"Take your time.." Giyuu tried to be polite, even though he was very annoyed by his crow.

"Ahem!" Kenzaburou squawked "Tomorrow morning, you have a 'Hashira Meeting!" "You will be getting a Hashira partner!"

Giyuu's eyes widened "Wait..What? Is that even a thing? A-are you messing up your orders again? Kenza I swear to god-"

"OK GOODBYE NOW" Kenzaburou said, the flying away before Giyuu could pull him by his feathers. The fastest Giyuu has seen that old fart fly.

Giyuu sighed and made his way back home.

(That morning; still nobody's perspective <3 sorry for being lazy lol)

Giyuu walked to the same spot that he always goes to during the Hashira meeting. There was 3 other Hashira there, Senemi Shinzugawa, Gyomei Himejima, and Muichiro Tokito.

Giyuu feels a tapping on his shoulder. Giyuu turns over to see Shinobu Kocho. "Tsun Tsun! Tsu- Oh! Ara Ara Tomioka-san~" 

Giyuu looks behind Shinobu, to see the rest of the Hashira.

"You must have zoned out! Silly Tomioka-san~" Shinobu said, condescendingly

"Hello, my children..." Ubuyashiki uttered, calmly (Authors note; I will be referring to him as Master for now because the name is so hard to type like damnnnn chill)

All of the Hashira got on their knees. "We will have a new Hashira joining your ranks..." "Actually, this a very special occasion."

"Excuse me, Master, but what are you alluding too?" Obani said in a slow, sadistic, voice

Well, this new Hashira will be sharing a rank with one of you" Master said

"S-so it's...like....having a twin? OO! Like maybe we should call it 'Twin Hashira'!" Mitsuri said with a bright tone of voice "Oh...sorry for interrupting, Master."

"Thats quite alright, Mitsuri, that's a great idea..." Master's words spilled out of his mouth like warm tea. Giyuu started to get antsy, he knew...

"Ara Ara~" Shinobu spouted her famous line. "I don't mean to be unmannerly, but, which one of us will be getting a new partner?"

"Right...The New Hashira will be sharing a rank with...the 'Water Pillar'..." Master said, unknowing on how the eyes of the other Hashira narrowed towards Giyuu.

"I'm getting shit for this later, aren't I...?" Giyuu thoughts raced

"Who's the lucky man...?" Obani said condescendingly