* The Branch in Which the Cat Sits. *

(Hello! Sorry I haven't updated in a while! I'm so glad to be back!!! I've become more devoted to making my fic more 'book-like'. This means there will probably be more breaks a little shorter than this. Alrighty, Enjoy! )

                Autumn leaves slowly fall on the ground with such delicacy and grace as a ballerina dancer twirling on her tippy toes. Sabito is walking home from Urokodaki's estate. He wanted to visit his old master and have some late lunch-early dinner with him while he could. He would feel bad if he didn't because Urokodaki brought him in when he was a child, training him to become the skilled swordsman he is today. But it has gotten to be later than Sabito expected and walking home in the woods at night is not safe when many demons could potentially be around. (You know what's scarier than that, unpaid overtime!) -Good thing Sabito picked some Wisteria off a tree at his and Tomioka's house before he left. So, he should be relatively fine.

As Sabito slowly makes his way home, he hears a whining from a tree. It doesn't sound like a demon, but it definitely isn't human either.

"Eh-? Who's there?" Sabito reaches for his sword but only rests his hand on the guard as the screeching and crying continue. That's definitely no demon.

"What...what is that...?" Sabito looks around, then centering his attention on a dark tree. The noises stopped at Sabito's voice echoing through the empty forest. Then a tiny, delicate 'meow' comes from the mysterious corner.

"Oh- Is there a kitty stuck in there?" Sabito's voice then turns more playful, as he slowly approaches the tree.

Sabito hoists himself up the tall tree, trying to reach the stuck cat. As he climbs he tries to reassure the cat.

"Hey- It's going to be alright! Sabitos here to save you!" Sabito looks up to see a petite cat huddled in a corner. It was a Balinese with long, tan, fur with brown markers on her face, ears, and tail. She also has bright, crystal-blue eyes.

"Awe! What an adorable cat! C'mere~" Sabito held out his hands as the cat slowly jumped into them. Then, he slowly made his way back down the tree, holding the cat with one hand.

"You're so skinny! Your mother must've left you, how sad. How about you come home with me!" Sabito started to pet the cat with delicacy. The cat then nuzzled its face into Sabitos neck, closing her eyes. "We'll feed you, buy you presents, make sure you're healthy and well pampered!" Sabito went on and on.

While Sabito walked home, the cat wouldn't let go of his arm. It's as if her claws were stuck to his haori. Sabito could feel how attached he was to her, and was very excited to show Giyuu!

"Giyuu is going to be so happy! Our family will be complete!"

~~~

"We're not keeping a cat." Giyuu narrowed his eyes down at the cat.

"What."

"I hate cats. We're NOT keeping it."

"But Giyuuuuu! Look at her!" Sabito put on his best puppy-dog eyes as the cat slowly nuzzled into Sabito's chest.

"Nope." Giyuu crossed his arms, looking away.

"You monster! How could you say no to this!?" Sabito shoved the cat into Giyuu's face, showing off her big, beautiful eyes.

Giyuu flinched as he tried to resist the cat. The grip on himself became stronger as he narrowed his eyes back at the cat with resentment, biting his lip.

"We can keep her for three days. You're putting her back afterward." Giyuu sighed.

"Ahah! Win for Sabito! What should I name you cutie?" Sabito cheered