* A Jolly Time of Year *

(Hello! If you couldn't tell by the title, this is a Christmas special! This is NOT canon to the rest of my AU, just merely, fan service (?) I suppose! Also, I'm sorry if it doesn't really live up to my other writings, I have a tighter time crunch and am trying to write an essay and I'm just very swamped with school and family shit. I just thought it would be nice to celebrate Christmas with you guys :D Also, I'm sorry to my people who do Hanukkah and Kwanzaa, I do not celebrate that and cannot portray it in an accurate way :((( BTW! I do not believe in Christianity so I will not be portraying Christmas through a Christian lens! Hopefully, you can still enjoy this chapter!!)

The snow slowly padded the roof, as it layered on the ground outside. Christmas was creeping around the corner, and somebody had big plans! Shinobu Kocho, the Insect Pillar, decided to bring all the Hahira's together for Secret Santa on Christmas day!

(-Secret Santa, also known as Pollyanna, is a Western Christmas tradition. Which groups or communities randomly assign a person they will give a gift to on Christmas. The gift giver's identity is a secret not to be revealed until the time of gift exchange.)

Nobody knew who each other got, even Shinobu. The Hashiras all put their names in a glass vase and got picked at random!

Let's just say...Sabito wasn't exactly happy with his pick. Sabito had gotten Senami. Sabito has had a one-sided rivalry against Sanemi ever since the start. He saw how Sanemi glared at Giyuu, always making little remarks behind his back, or sometimes even in front of him. Also, not to mention how Giyuu told him about when he tried to kill Tanjiro's little sister. Even though Sabito didn't get the best first impression of Tanjiro, he could tell how much he and by extension Nezuko meant to Giyuu. He also thought it was weird how Sanemi didn't have eyebrows, it weirded him out.

Sabito was puzzled about what he would even get him. What does Sanemi even do in his free time? The guy looks like he gets off to watching children fall, what was Sabito supposed to do with that?

It seemed to Sabito he was the only one with this problem, Giyuu looked like he was dealing just fine with whoever his pick was. Sabito would just have to deal with it, though.

~~~

It felt as if Shinobu announced Secret Santa yesterday, but now, it's Christmas day. Sabito and Giyuu got their gifts and dressed in their Christmas attire and made their way over to the Butterfly Mansion.

For plot convenience, because I only have 6 days to write this shit and I'm feeling very depressed right now, when Sabito and Giyuu arrived all the Hashiras were already there.

"Ah! Tomioka-san, Sabito-kun, so nice to see you! I'm happy we're all here now!" Shinobu spoke with her hands pressed together. Her smile was always open and wide while talking, she even managed to smile on her resting face. Even while fighting, she smiled. She was constantly smiling, but Sabito saw right through it.

"It took you guys long enough. Next time, hurry it up. Nobody wants to be last, do they?" Sanemi got up from where he was sitting, glaring at Sabito and Giyuu. Especially at Giyuu.

"It's so sweet how Sanemi cares so much!" Misturi piped up, "Behind me and Obani, he was the first one here!"

"Hey! It's not what it looks like, I just- uh, had nothing better to do." Sanemi blushed while crossing his arms. He cautiously sat down like he was scared of people seeing a caring, loveable side to him.

"Well, at least we're all here!" Uzui boasted

(BTW! If you're wondering if Rengoku will be here because he turned into a donut and the story is taking place after the movie and season 2, yes he is here because i needed exactly 10 people to do the Secret Santa lol. Also remember, this is a special and doesn't affect the canon of my AU so technically it doesn't matter!!! Sorry for the inaccuracies, okay, back to your regularly scheduled program.)