Prologue: The Day I Die Is The Day I Gain Life

A/n: If you are here because this book was inspired by Ghost, who is your favourite member? Mine would either be Cirrus, Swiss, or Rain.
By the way, this chapter is definitely the shortest and is not required for the story, it just explains a little about Bronwen's past life.

I ran down the hall as I screamed in terror, yelling out pleas and begs. Tears rushed down my cheeks as I slid into the study and tried to find a place to hide. My attempt was futile when I heard my attacker, my betrothed, come into the room.

In a panic I turned around right before he lunged at me. We fell to the floor with me underneath him. I screamed and yelled, begging for him to let me go, get off me. My breath caught in my throat when he gripped my neck and squeezed. I grabbed his arm to try to pry him off. It was useless.

He tilted his head, a sort of twisted smile on his lips. I was so scared as I felt my heart pounding in my chest. "Now now, did you really think I'd let you leave?" He said gently, although I know it was anything but gentle. "AFTER ALL IVE DONE FOR YOU?! YOURE GOING TO TRY TO LEAVE?!!! NO! NO YOURE NOT!" He shouted, getting closer to my face.

I winced and flinched, trying effortlessly to get away, even knowing it wouldn't work. His grip tightened on my neck and I became lightheaded, gasping for air. I tried to gasp out a plea for him to release me, only it sounded like wheezing.

I felt him slowly untying my corset. That was when I passed out due to lack of air. A few minutes later- no, it could've been an hour at least- I woke up, but in another room with blinding lights. I cried out, feeling wet and cold. I could barely see through the slits of my eyelids, but my vision was a little red.

I was born again.