Chapter XI- Once Upon A Dream

I'd soon adjusted to the dead dancing around me. I overreacted when the atmosphere changed. I've seen the dead around me since I was born, this was barely any different for me. I allowed myself to have a nice time. And surprisingly, I ended up not wanting the night to end.

I danced with Adonis and the phantoms all night. Although, it was mostly just Adonis. The way he danced with me was entrancing to say the least. It was truly and literally another world when I was with him. I couldn't even tear my eyes away from his.

It was also like he knew what I was feeling and thinking. He smiled knowingly, which of course made me blush even a little. From the fast beat that was playing, the music changed to a slow dance song. I sighed and leaned my head on Adonis' chest.

I felt his chest vibrate as he chuckled. "Tired, Mora?" He questioned. I simply nodded which made him hum to himself. "I'll take you to your room, come on," he said gently. I nodded again, enjoying my time with him.

I bit back a smile when I felt him grab my hand. He began leading me towards the ballroom doors. We left the room and walked down the hall in peace. "Tonight was fun, I'm glad you invited me," I told him.

I saw him smile again. "It wouldn't have been as fun without you," he stated smoothly. I allowed myself to laugh as I rolled my eyes at him. "Thank you for coming," he added.

I grinned up at him and nodded. "Of course," I replied. We soon reached the stairs and he helped me up them. He also let me take a short breather when we got to the second floor before we started to go up the third floor stairs.

He kept a tight hold on my hand the entire time and it wasn't long before we reached my door. I opened it and allowed him and myself inside. He closed the door behind us. I quickly let go of his hand, immediately feeling the cold air against my palm. "I uhm, I'm gonna change," I muttered to him. He smiled in understanding and nodded at me.

I sped over to my changing screen and began changing behind it. I started with my gloves, slipping them off my fingers. Next was the choker and my shoes. I started unlacing the dress's corset in the back.

Unfortunately, it got caught and I grunted, trying to fix it. "Is everything alright?" I heard Adonis ask. He must've heard my struggles.

I sighed in embarrassment. "Uhm, it seems my lace is caught. Um, can you... come help me with it?" I nervously inquired. I could hear his footsteps grow closer before he was behind me on the same side.

"Of course." Was all he said. I tried not to let it show, but my breath hitched when I felt his hands run down my back before taking the corset laces from me. As he worked I held up the front of the dress just in case. The way he did this for me, it wasn't like how the maids were, tying or untying it so roughly. He was gentle and slow about it. He was unlacing it when I felt his hand graze against my bare back. I couldn't help but shiver at the feeling. Neither he nor I said a word.

When he was done I felt the dress loosen. I stayed silent for a short moment, not hearing him move either. "Thank you," I said to him, not looking at him. He didn't say anything, but he left the changing screen and went back to his place from before. I let out a sigh as quietly as I could. There was a sort of tension in that moment. It was unexplainable.

I quickly dropped the dress and put my nightdress on. I picked the dress up off the floor and tossed it over the changing screen so that it was hanging across it.

I walked out from behind the screen and saw Adonis staring at me. I felt my cheeks grow rosy so I looked away. "You didn't have to stay, but... thank you," I whispered.

Luckily, I'd been loud enough for him to hear me and he let out a laugh. "Think nothing of it," he said smoothly. I couldn't think nothing of it. It was something I couldn't explain.

Being unable to form words, I simply walked over to my bed and laid down. He didn't hesitate to cover me with the blanket, making sure I was comfortable. I let myself yawn a little. He chuckled at me.

I avoided eye contact. "Why are you so nice to me?" I asked. The things he did for me confused me more than anything ever had. I wanted to know why.

He hummed. "Because you are far more important than anything to me," he responded. I didn't get the chance to ask about it because he gently took my hand and placed a delicate kiss upon it. I blushed and he left the room after blowing out the candle next to my bed. He quietly closed the door behind him.

I let my eyes close, feeling rather tired. It wasn't long before I fell asleep and the world of dreams overtook me. I turned on my side unconsciously. The world of dreams could be a scary place.

"Solanine! Come here, don't hide from me!" A familiar voice laughed joyously.

Another, more feminine voice is what I heard. "That's the point of the game, Adonis! Come find me!" She laughed. That name...! I couldn't see the girl, but I could hear her giggling as she ran through the forest she and... Adonis were in.

Adonis wore a ruffled dress shirt with a black waistcoat. He had dress pants and a pair of raven boots. They had golden designs on the top and down the sides. His hair was mostly slicked back, but parts of it had fallen forward in front of his face.

He shook his head as a smirk appeared on his lips. "Don't blame me for what happens when I catch you!" He exclaimed. The girl's laughs only grew louder. Adonis began running after her.

Soon he'd caught up to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. She squealed and laughed again. "No!!" She whined, pulling on his arms.

Adonis pulled her to his chest and dug his face into her neck, pretending to bite her. He made chomping sounds which made her scream and giggle. "Caught you~" The raven haired man teased.

The brown haired girl groaned and threw her head back against his shoulder. "I let you." She smirked. Adonis rolled his eyes at her excuse.

"Lies," he responded in a gravelly voice. He tightened his grip on her. Her hands held onto his in a firm grip.

The girl, Solanine, chuckled again and calmed down. "Let this be forever." She sighed.

Adonis looked down at her. "It can be," he said. She looked up at him and met his eyes. "Remember. You know what has to be done, we can complete the ritual," he explained vaguely. The girl was silent for a long while. She was thinking.

Then, she nodded.