Chapter XXIII- Livana

A/n: Livana is by far my favorite version of Bronwen<3

I awoke in an extravagant room. Rubbing my eyes as I sat up, I noticed that it was mostly golden and white. It was a vast difference compared to the dark and gloomy room I was used to. The bed sheets over me were silky and white as well.

Somehow, all of it seemed familiar. I've definitely seen this somewhere. I knew it. I dragged my legs over the side of the bed and stood up. I slowly walked over to the door, my dark dress gliding behind me. I opened the door and peeked out. The hallway was white with golden designs and decor. There was also a very beautiful golden carpet in the middle.

I stepped out and looked around some more. I knew where I was so I turned down the hall. I soon came upon stairs. They were split down the middle. I saw Salem standing at the end of the rightmost set. He was looking up at me, like he was waiting. I quickly noticed that he was wearing his normal mask, the one I first saw him in.

I quickly stepped down the stairs and he held his arm out to me. I gently hooked mine with his when I was on the bottom floor. I looked up at his face with confusion written across mine. Before I could ask a question he started to lead me towards two tall doors to our right.

As we got closer they were opened and I saw two other phantoms by each door. There was Kimaris on the left and Damian on the right. Salem continued to lead me inside before he stopped in the middle of the room. I looked around at the magnificent room when my eyes caught onto a figure staring out the window. I realized that it was Adonis.

Salem released my arm and I watched as he backed away. After turning around I carefully walked over to Adonis and gazed at the window, standing next to him. "What is this place?" I asked in a whisper.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him smile. Not only that, his skull-like designs were back. "This was your home centuries ago. Surely you remember it, Livana?" The words made my eyes widen. I remembered.

I remembered dancing with Adonis in the luxurious ballroom a few doors away, laughing at my parents' incompetence. I remembered how every time we'd spin around the room my golden hair would sway to the side. I remembered being so mesmerized every time Adonis and I were together.

I bit back a smile. "I do," I chuckled. "This place is amazing. So fun to be back here again." I sighed in content, holding my hands together. I looked up at him. "But wait, how are we here now?" I inquired confusedly.

He finally faced me. "The home was preserved through the years and a few upgrades were given." He explained, gesturing to the various decorations around the room.

I shook my head. "No, I mean, how are we here? This is across the country from where... I used to live." I muttered the last part under my breath.

Adonis was unfazed. "You slept through all of yesterday and we made it here with minimal stops. The hellhorses are not your normal steeds," he informed. My eyes widened when he said that I slept yesterday away.

It was impressive how quickly we'd gotten here too, however. I slowly nodded. "That's amazing," I let out accidentally. Adonis let out a small, melodious laugh. I swear, I could listen to him laugh forever. My own thoughts surprised me and a blush found it's way to my face. My hand made it's way to cover my expression.

~{}~

I stood in the backyard on the bridge over the small pond. I was playing with the cross around my neck. I hated this thing. But my mind was elsewhere. I couldn't keep my mind away from the past and how Adonis and I had the most fun in this home.