Chapter XXXI- Mortui Vivos Docent

A/n: I won't be uploading tomorrow!!

I never wanted to leave his warm and comforting embrace. He could hold me forever and not a single complaint would come of me. I looked into his eyes from my place on top of him, my brown hair cascading around my face. "How did you know you loved me?" I asked him, biting my lip.

He held my face in between his hands. "From the very moment I saw you, I knew there was something about you." He kissed the crown of my head. "And when we danced in the field, there was a spark." He kissed my forehead. "When you showed me kindness, no matter what I was, my heart soared." He kissed my nose and I giggled. "When you accepted me when no one else would." He kissed my lips. "I knew I had fallen the hardest I ever had," he finished, kissing me passionately on the lips.

I hummed with delight and kissed him back. I couldn't help but smile against his lips. "That was the only time you fell for someone and you know it." I smirked as I teased him.

He rolled his eyes as he chuckled. He hands made their way to rest on my hips. "Like you would know," he joked.

I faked a gasp. "My! You've been lying to me, haven't you?!" I shouted in a joking manner. I sat up and straddled his lap.

He shot up as well. "No no! That's not what I meant, my love. Please don't tell me you have such little faith in me," he practically pleaded to me.

I laughed. "I'm only joking, darling. I know you wouldn't even think about it." I poked his chest, grinning in his face.

He let out a sigh, a small smirk making its way to his lips. "You little tease," he growled, grabbing at my sides. I squealed as we rolled over. He attacked me with kisses, like it was his revenge. Never let it end.

My eyes slowly opened to see a bright light coming from my windows. I rolled over onto my back and rubbed my eyes. I slowly sat up, stretching and sliding my legs over the side of my bed.

I stood up and started walking over to my bathroom on the other side of the room. I opened the door and turned the bath water on so it would fill the tub. I exited the bathroom and strolled over to my vanity. I grabbed my hairbrush and started brushing it through my hair. I pulled my raven locks over one of my shoulders so I could gently brush through it.

I paused my movements when there was a knock on my door. I set my brush back down and walked over to the door. I gently pulled it open. "Valerian? Good morning." I smiled up at her. She nodded in response. "Uh- I was just about to take a bath, but if you want you can come back later or..." I trailed off. "You could join me, if you want," I said quietly.

She tilted her head at me, but slowly nodded moments later. I smiled and opened my door wider for her. She gradually stepped inside and I closed the door behind her. I walked back over to my bathroom.

I turned the water off and kneeled down to put some soap in it. I dipped my finger in, making sure the water wasn't too hot or cold. When I stood back up I jumped at the close proximity between Valerian and I. I gasped. "Oh! You scared me." I chuckled. I backed up a little. "You can join me whenever you feel like it," I stated.

I turned around and slowly let my nightdress slide off my shoulders and to the floor.  I finished undressing by removing my panties. Then I slipped into the water and sighed in pleasure at the soothing feeling of the temperature. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back.

Not long after, I heard the water move and I felt it sway against my skin. I opened my eyes and looked forward. Valerian was now sitting across from me. Her knees were folded against her chest, even though the bathtub was big enough for at least three people. I couldn't see anything below the bubbles around her.

She also still had her mask on. I blinked. I'd seen her face before... I blushed at the thought of that night. I hadn't really seen much of her since then. It was a pleasant surprise she came to see me today. I hope she didn't hold anything against me.

I smiled at her. "I'm remembering more and more lately. I think soon I'll have all of my memories back. I wonder if things will change once that happens," I said to her. "I've remembered a lot about Livana and I'm remembering more about Solanine now too." I informed the blonde.

Our eyes locked. Her ocean blue irises entranced me every time our eyes met. It was hypnotic. She slowly reached out and grabbed some of my long hair that was floating in the water. I watched as she brought the ends to her lips and pressed my hair against her skin. I blushed deeply at her actions.

I had to look away. However, I felt her gently grab my shoulders. She slowly and carefully turned me around so that my back was facing her. I was about to ask her what she was doing, but I soon felt her hands in my hair. It felt like she was massaging me.

I gasped at the relaxing feeling at first. Her nails were long and sharp, but it didn't hurt me at all. I hummed in delight at the good feeling.