Chapter XII- Something Strange

I woke up to the sun seeping through my drapes. I blinked. I was still tired, but I knew I had to get up. So I sat up and rubbed my eyes. That was when I remembered the dream I had.

What was that? It was with Adonis and a girl- Solanine if I remember correctly. I frowned. I want answers. I tossed the covers aside and pulled my legs out of bed. I quickly put on my robe and walked out the door.

I speed-walked down the hallway towards the raven-haired man's bedroom. Once I was there I held up my hand to knock, holding my robe together with my other hand across my waist. I paused. "What am I doing? It was just a stupid dream." I told myself in annoyance.

Unfortunately, the door opened when I put my hand back down and was about to walk away. I gaped up at Adonis, who stood there, just as surprised as I was. He quickly composed himself, smiling down at me. "Is everything okay, Mora?" He asked worriedly.

I stammered. "Um, yes, I'm so sorry, I don't know what I'm doing here," I explained, looking away, trying to play off my embarrassment. I don't think it worked. I let out a nervous giggle.

He simply chuckled at me, which only made me even more flustered than I already was. "If you say so," he said. I stole a glimpse at him. His makeup was back and he was in his typical attire. A dress shirt with his overcoat.

Catching myself staring, I immediately looked away again. "E-excuse me!" I rushed out of my lips before I ran down the hall and back to my room. I could hear the laugh that came from Adonis. My face had to have been full on red by now. I'm so embarrassed!

I opened my door and slammed it behind me when I got to my room. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. "What was I thinking? I even look indecent too," I mumbled. I noticed my robe had slipped off one of my shoulders. I blushed again as I fixed it.

~{}~

I sat by the riverside, staring into the water. I couldn't get my mind off of that dream. But that's all it was. It was just a dream. So why did it bother me the way it did?

I'd been here since breakfast. The fresh air was relaxing and it helped me think. Although my current thoughts were rather confusing, it wasn't as stressful. I took a deep breath as the wind blew roughly. I had to pull my hair out of my face and hold it behind my hair.

All of a sudden, I heard footsteps behind me. I turned around and saw one of the phantoms. It was the one who liked to escort me to places. I smiled when I saw him walk towards me. "Hi," I said to him.

He tilted his head at me, which made me chuckle a little. They always do this. He sat down next to the water and stared at me. Sitting on a rock, I had to look down at him. It looked like he was thinking about something.

Out of nowhere, he put his hand in the water and threw water at me. I gasped at the cold feeling and the shock. I stared at his face, seeing the enjoyment in his eyes. "Don't look so amused!" I exclaimed, using my foot to kick water at him. He used his hands as his shield. I laughed.

We calmed down and I sighed, staring out into the water yet again. He seemed to notice my sudden mood drop. I glanced at him. "I had a strange dream last night, definitely not like any other dream I've had," I admitted. He perked up, interested in the topic. "It was about a girl and... a man. They were playing hide and seek in a forest. They were close and possibly in love. They spoke about a ritual," I explained.