Prem ni aa mausam che? | 8

Its today. Dandiya night is today. God it is finally today! I have to reach there till 7. I have a lot of time. But I can't wait for evening.

I spent my time arranging my closet again because it was a mess and today I had time. I slept after that around 2 PM. 

I woke on 5:30 PM. God I slept a lot. Now I will have to hurry. 

I put on my printed skirt that gives of a gujrati look with a black tank top and a heavy dupatta that made the outfit fab!

I added some accessories ofcourse! I wore my big jhumkas with a silver oxidized minimal necklace. I wore a ring and a nosepin. I don't have a nose piercing but that was an artificial one. And after I got all ready, my mom forced me to wear a kamarban. It is a beaded chain that you wear on your waist. My mom said it will give a more desi vibe to the outfit so I wore it anyways but I wondered if I was overdressed. And also some latkan bangles.

I don't do makeup so I just put on a black bindi on my forehead.

THATS IT! I am ready to go.

*************

My dad dropped me to the school. As soon as I enter, I see Mishka and Utkarsh. They both are all ready in their desi attire.

"God! You look fab girl!" says Mishika coming towards me.

"You too, bitch!" I say to her.

"You are going to make someone fall for you today."

"WHO?"
"You know what I mean."

"Oh god shut up mishka" And then we laugh at that.

The kids are slowly coming. Everyone is looking faboulous. Afterall, traditional clothes make people more attractive.

We are enjoying the evening seeing puppet shows and eating food. My hair keeps getting stuck in my bangles due to its latkans. God! This is very annoying. That was a bad idea to wear them and also they are making this chan chan noise. But I like the sound though. Makes me feel like a princess! 

I saw Nishkarsh. He is dressed in a blue kurta pajama. Men in traditional. I do not even have words. I am just looking at him and I am zoned out. FUCK!

And then an announcement happens which makes me come out of my I do not know what.

Everyone gather around the stage with their dandiyas. Its going to be group dandiya. Everyone come and take positions and lets have some fun!

Its finally the best part happening. In this type of group dance, we stand in pairs, one female and one male, and then we dance in a circle with a routine and the partners change after every verse. The male is fixed on the position and the female takes a twirl to change the partnes. FUN, isnt it?

We take our positions with dandiya in our hands. I am standing with Utkarsh. The music plays. Its chogada tara, my favorite song. Everything is working out today. We all start dancing.

I take a twirl and I come accross Nishkarsh. We two start dancing joyfully. He is a great dancer. When I take the next twirl, my bangle gets stucked in his kurta. I am trying to untangle it but its not happening.

Mishka pushes us in the centre of the circle as we were disturbing the whole sequence.

I detangle it and then he looks straight in my eyes and takes his one hand forward and aska, "Prem ni aa mausam che?" It means weather of love.

i look straight in his eyes too and I am just a bit away from getting lost in them. I take his hand and reply, "Ha! Prem ni aa mausam che." And we both start dancing and god knows when was the last time I felt like this. Maybe its the first time that I felt like this that I couldn't explain the feeling....I am slowly falling....