40 seconds | 17

We are coming back from the trip. I do not know about educational, but this trip was surely interesting. I had a lot of fun. 

Its a night travel so we are in a sleeper section. I needed to experience it, a night with some crazy friends in a train. Just imagine. I mean why are all my fake scenarios coming to existence? This feels so magical. 

"Lets play truth and dare!" Mishka suddenly kind of screamed.

"Mishka there is this thing of being quiet in the train. You know, right?" I said to her in a sarcastic tone of which she obviously didnt had any effect on her.

"Okay so me, Zindagi, Utkarsh and?"

"Count me in too." Nishkarsh said removing his headphones and turning to our seat.

We started our game. Mostly its like you play Ouija or something at night but here we are playing 6th class students favourite game.

Spun a pen instead of a bottle.

First it was on Mishka and Utkarsh asked her something that was stupid like him. Basically, we were not having fun. It was all getting boring and then it came to Nishkarsh. The first thought that came to my mind was Let the fun begin! 

"Truth or Dare?" I asked.

"Trut-"

"What do I do on the first day of trip?"

"Um, I- you did nothing in particular."

"No I did something and I cannot remember it so you have to tell me."

"You. Did. Nothing." There 3 words. The tone. The expression. The eye contact. The pause in between the words. This made me feel something that I definitely did terrible. But how more can I insist. 

The game ended. I went to sleep. We all went to sleep.

***********

I woke up. But its not morning. I woke up at midnight. I don't check it in my phone but I assume it is 2 AM. I try to go to sleep again. It is too dark and too cold. I can't sleep. I am changing my position side to side. I am not able to sleep.

I stand up from my berth and pursue to go towards the gate of the train. I can feel the cold freezing night wind brushing my bare arms. Its cold but at the same time it feels unnaturally pleasing. I just stand there in the dark and watching outside the door. Although I don't seem to see well because I am not wearing my glasses at the moment. 

I just spent a good 10 - 15 minutes and I am getting actually cold now so I start going inside that is when someone grabs my hand. I am about to scream but a hand covers my mouth.

"Shhh!"

I am peened to the wall behind with someone covering my mouth and grabbing my hand. This is when I am about to use my second hand to do something when I hear his voice, "Its me." A very warm and calming voice.

I am in the position without moving an inch and he does not let go of my hand and his hand from my mouth and he says "You kissed me that night" My eyes widened. After saying just this, he came closer and kissed me where the lips are but on the lips instead on his hand covering my mouth. This is when the memory tickled in. Of me kissing him and he pulled back. That 40 second, mere 40 second moment tickled me in those 40 seconds. Did he planned the time or something?

He pulled back and removed his hand from my mouth. Also he let go of my hand. He starts walking towards inside and this is when I grab his wrist and pull him closer to myself.

"It wasn't like this." I whispered to him. "But, more like it." I kissed him on his lips. Not the tongue. A normal soft kiss. I didn't see his reaction because my eyes were closed. And for the exact 40 seconds we were like that. His lips pressed to mine. The cold breeze brushing through our, not mine, through our arms. And my hair ruffling onto his face due to wind. 

We pulled back. He smiled at me with those glittering in bliss deep dark brown eyes. Then he started going inside. I assumed he won't say anything but he spun around to me and said "Actually this one was better than that."

"My first kiss."

"Second."

He went inside. Short after a while, I did too. My first actual kiss happened in a train at freaking 2 AM. I cannot believe this. My heart is racing. Blood is rushing in my cheeks. And I couldn't be happier. THIS. This is what 40 seconds can do to a person. This is what a mere 40 seconds can make a person feel, like floating in air. All the bliss. 40 seconds....

I cannot process this. I am not able to. I definetly am not sleeping tonight. 40 seconds. oh my goodness. 40 seconds....