Prologue

His footsteps echoed on the bare, smooth floor, and the linoleum lamp flickered in the hallway as if trying to keep up with the silent beat of the two people. It flickered again, slowly he had the feeling that his partner next door was not leading him to a room where the conversation was supposed to take place, but to his grave. Or a torture chamber. He tried to swallow as quietly as possible, sweat ran over his forehead. Nevertheless, he did it calmly, he drove his blonde hair as usual. His partner turned around the corner, stopped at the door, and remained silent.

The door was large and metallic, with a digital number lock hanging at the front. "Look away", the man in front of him grumbled briefly, pulling his black hat deeper into his face. His black coat dragged almost over the ground, and his long gray hair blew seemingly without wind. A cold shower ran down his back. He turned to the wall and heard the man enter the password. The door opened with a click. "Don't ask any questions. Don't talk at all unless you've been asked to. Understood?" the man asked him. His eyes stared coldly at him, his extinguished cigar still in his mouth. "I got it", replied the blonde, turning to the door. "One more thing, don't you dare disagree", added the man in the coat. The blonde man nodded. Then he entered the room.

It was an empty, windowless room, with no pictures or a table to be seen. The walls and the floor with the ceiling were soundproofed, and a single lamp in the ceiling illuminated the room. The blonde stood uncertainly in the middle and listened. It was his first time here; he didn't know what to do. Until now, he should be silent to listen. Suddenly a distorted and metallic voice sounded like you had mixed an old recording with a noise.

"Bourbon", cried the voice. Frightened, the blonde turned around and looked for the speaker, but he found nothing. The voice laughed. "I've been watching you for a long time, Bourbon", the voice emphasized his name. Bourbon bit his lip. Who was that person? Who could it be? Was it... number two in the black organization?

"Listen carefully... I noticed...that rats have settled in our organization", said the voice. "And you shall extinguish them for me", the voice explained. Bourbon swallowed. Was number two alluding to him? Rum was not to joke; you should do what he asked... but now "... Yes", replied Bourbon, biting his tongue, he was not allowed to speak! That voice laughed again. "Good... Good"... the voice giggled.

"See you soon... Bourbon", the voice added, then the door opened. Bourbon listened for a moment, then left the room, sweating heavily. He had to come up with something, and he had to do it fast.