Bonus Chapter: Snowman

~SNOWMAN~

Loud music, colorful lights and delighted voices rang through the room, they could even be heard through the walls. Outside, beyond the window, it was snowing far and wide, the white, thick flakes dancing with the wind and settling gently on the landscape. All the buildings seemed to wear a thin, clear coating, as if they were getting ready for a celebration.

"NO! DUDE I'M FREAKING OUT! I'M SHITTING THAT PART IN THE TRASH!" was suddenly heard. A young girl with brown hair was arguing with a boy in a smaller room. "Man get a grip! We've got to get to that Christmas ball! Remember? We have to be inconspicuous," the lad declared tensely, pulling his red suit into place. His green tie gleamed in the light of the many fairy lights.

Ash sighed in annoyance and looked at her green velvet dress. The red bows added a fitting accent and felt harmonious with the colorful surroundings. "I can't wear this stupid stuff!" she tugged at the bottom. "Ash, we have to get to the ball, come on! The target is there," Nick grumbled, pulling her toward the door. "Damn, wait, you idiot," she muttered, seconds later she yanked on the green fabric. Now she had a slit, allowing her to move her legs more freely. "Was that really necessary?", Dubonnet tilted his head in amusement. "Tsk," Brennevin replied and disappeared down the hall.

Nick followed her into the sea of colorful, delightful dresses, where people danced hand in hand, enjoying the music from the speakers. Just then, joyful Christmas music was playing, reminding Nick of jazz. "Okay, now what?", Ash crossed her arms. With a wary look, she searched the hall for the target. "Wait and see," Nick whispered, adjusting his tie. Suddenly the music changed, all the people on the dance floor paused for a moment, then changed position and started waltzing.

"If we dance, we can watch the room better," Nick suggested, stepping onto the dance floor. "You're crazy," Ash hissed, but Dubonnet held out her hand. "Come on. A waltz. Or don't you dare?" he teased her, grinning. Ash snorted, but after a moment's hesitation, she grabbed his hand and the two of them began to move. Nick's feet tuned into the beat of the music, after a few seconds they began to slowly turn in circles. Step by step. "Did I tell you how beautiful you look?" giggled Nick. "Shut your mouth or it will crack," she whispered softly.

But she had to admit, Nick wasn't dancing badly.

Elegantly, he lifted her arm, causing Ash to spin around once. Then Nick put his arms around Ash again, careful not to reach too low. "You seem tense," Brennevin remarked, grinning. "Never danced with a female before?" she laughed out. "No, not yet with such a beautiful one," Nick replied.

Ash blushed a little, the idiot should stop doing that. "But, since we're friends, it doesn't count, at least I think," Nick added. "We're not-", Ash was about to protest when Nick spun with her and caught her in his arms. For a brief moment the two stared at each other, then Brennevin whirled from her position back to her feet.

"You're suddenly as pale as a snowman," Nick chuckled. "There. Target," Ash grew serious. Nick also glanced unobtrusively over his shoulder. "We'll wait until he goes to the bathroom, then eliminate him," Nick said.

"For once, I agree. I kill," Ash remarked. "Suit yourself," Nick grinned. Then the two broke away and mingled in the crowd.