Bonus Chapter: Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

It was dark, the sky was full of stars, which were shining like little diamonds. More and more people were getting in the streets, also Nick, Ash and Minuro. 

"Do we have to get out?", Ash asked and sighed. Nick was smiling. "Yes! Of course! It's new years eve", he was preparing some rockets for the fireworks. Minuro and Kato had bought some sparklers, everyone would get one.

"Ugh, you know I hate celebrating something?", Ash crossed her arms and turned her head to the street. Many people in colorful jackets and outfits were enjoying the festival.  "Comm on! Only for once!", Nick tried to give her a smile, but the girl was not looking.

A few minutes later, a loud laughter was echoing through the streets. "Finally! There here!", Minuro shouted and smiled. "Nuri! Jack! Pika! Carine!", Nick waved with his hand.  The others huged them, expect Ash, she just smiled awkwardly.

Hanna, Marylyn and Silvy also met the group. Now there were completely gathered. "Nice to see you, everyone!", Nick was looking proud. "Thanks for the invitation", Marylyn was very happy about it. "Well, I just thought, meeting at the new years eve would be a great idea", Nick replied. "Indeed it is", Minuro added.

"Everyone! Grab a sparkler! It's almost 12!", Kato was sharing the sticks. "Ready?", Nick asked. Then he started the fireworks. "3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!", everyone shouted at once. The clock was ringing, the sky full of different fireworks, which colored the city into a sea of glitter.

"Happy New Year, everyone!", Nick shouted. "Happy new year!", Pika laughed. Everyone was happy. Everyone was cheerful and comfortable.

Ash sighed and looked at the sky.
"Here...Happy new year", Nick was reaching out a sparkler. Ash hesitated a second, then her look turned soft and she accepted the sparkler.
"Happy New Year"