Chapter 7

Two men in black got out of a black Porsche. One of them still had a cigarette in his mouth; smoke was coming out of his mouth. It was dark, shortly after midnight, but neither the moon nor the stars were visible. Ideal for remaining inconspicuous. "Here it is," said the smaller of the two, nodding toward the house. "Are you sure?" he echoed, his voice rough and slightly irritated. "Absolutely. We can't have made a mistake. It's her. One hundred percent," Vodka assured him.

For a moment Gin thought, his gray long hair blowing in the gentle breeze. "Unbelievable. If, it's really her. Then..." he hesitated. Was he afraid? Gin and fear? Vodka shook his head. Gin wasn't afraid of anything or anyone...except maybe rum. "I have to see it for myself. With my own eyes," he growled, getting a pair of binoculars from the car. The lights in the house were still on, even in the top room. Gin waved the glass, then he saw it. A young, small figure. Her short, light brown hair. Her eyes. It had to be her. But...how? How had she done it? About...Gin shook his head. One more time he looked through the glass as the girl looked in his direction.

"Sherry," Gin whispered.

Anger boiled up inside him. That bitch! She had betrayed the organization! "How is that possible!!!" hissed Gin, throwing the binoculars to the ground. Vodka regarded him for a moment. "It must have been the apotoxin...it didn't kill them...it shrunk them," Vodka grumbled uncertainly. "That brat!" hissed Gin angrily. "But we're not quite sure about that, I-" but Gin interrupted him. "I don't care how she survived. I only want one thing. Kill her," he growled. Suddenly, he paused.

His eyes sparkled dangerously. "I'm not going to kill her right now...no. I'm going to make her suffer. She will experience hell. I will personally see to that," Gin's voice was cold and emotionless. With one last look at Sherry, he sat down in the Porsche. "We will meet again soon, Shio Miano."

(Change of view)

Ai Haibara entered her room and lowered the curtains when she was suddenly seized by icy cold. She fell to the floor, panicked and gasping for air. What was that? This...feeling! She knew it...she...It had to be the black organization! Startled, she jumped up and peered out from behind the curtains, but there was no one there. No car, no person, no one. Had she imagined it all? Since that mail...she had the feeling all the time that someone was watching her. "Maybe I'm just wrong..." she whispered. Ai turned to her bed, but she didn't dare to sleep. Was she safe here?

No, she shook her head. How would the black organization figure out that a child, was her? "I just worry too much. That's all," she muttered, deciding to take a hot bath. She put her cell phone on the dresser and entered the bathroom. Suddenly, her cell phone buzzed. It was a message from a suppressed number. But Ai didn't see it anymore. She didn't see what it said anymore. She would see it later that it was a warning.

Be careful. Grapes go bad. And when they go bad, they smell awful.

♠♠♠

"So," Minoru began and sat down in the living room. Ash and Nick were sitting on the sofa. He put down the tea and took out a watch from his pocket. Briefly, he checked the time, then he put a photo on the table. Nick looked at it curiously. Was this the target? "This is your target. Ikuto Yano," Minoru remarked, sipping his tea. "What really, Grandpa," Ash grumbled, snorting. "I'll take that one out quickly," she agreed. "You are to locate him tonight and bring him to Vermouth alive," the man explained. "Alive," Nick emphasized. "Are you a parrot?" grumbled Ash, annoyed.

"Quiet you two. You have to be careful; this guy is a former soldier. So, he might start a fight," Minoru warned, putting down the cup. "We can handle that," Nick grinned and stood up. "Where can we find him?", Nick wanted to know and stretched. As he did so, his T-shirt slipped a little, and you could see a little of the scar on his stomach. Minoru's curiosity was piqued, but he remained silent. Everyone has secrets and a past. One should let them rest. "It's the bar 'IL PUNTO', not far from here," he added. Ash got up without a word and disappeared into the room. The main thing was that the job went by quickly and she didn't have to spend any more time with the idiot. "We still have a few hours, I'm going to rest," Nick said and went to the bathroom.

But when he closed the door, his good mood disappeared.

Tired, he dragged himself to the mirror. Again, those memories plagued him. Whoever had put the photo of his parents on him...Nick tried to shake off the thoughts, it was already too late. Images flashed. The apartment was covered in blood, with a huge pool on the floor. On the table...the heads of his parents. Their blank stares, trying to scream with their contorted mouths. And him. He was only fourteen. He tried to understand what he was seeing, he tried to put his head on his body...but...Nick swallowed. Nausea came up in him, he had to gag. Slowly the world began to swim, tears came to his eyes. Then everything went black, and he fell to the floor.