8

By the time we made it back to our room we were covered in bruises and cuts

By the time we made it back to our room we were covered in bruises and cuts. It was starting to get dark so I lit the fire while Enola went to fetch a basin and water to wash our cuts so they did not get infected. In all honesty I was thinking about Tewksbury, that man is still out there looking for him and me and Enola just managed to fend him off on our own. How would Tewksbury deal with a man of that strength?

We both sit Infront of the fire savoring the warmth that hit our skin. Enola cleaning my bleeding knees which honestly hurt a whole lot more than actually getting them but she insisted it was necessary.

"When I was child I cut my knee open. Trying to save a sheep from the edge of a cliff." Enola starts a story attempting to distract me. "I almost died in truth. My mother way angry. Very angry."

Enola smiles at the memory. "She said It was good to care for the vulnerable, but not if it means risking your life. And that sometimes you have to let nature take it's course."

She then looks at me in the eyes her planning smile on her face "The truth is Ester, we did not ask for Viscount Tewksbury Marquess of Basilwether in our lives. Nor did I want the Viscount Tewksbury Marques of Basilwether in my life. So why do we have to feel responsibility for the Viscount Tewksbury Marques of Basilwether?"

I smile at looking at her eyes which have the glint of adventure shining in them "Because there are those that want to hurt him and he has not the strength to stop them. But we do have that strength Enola."

She smiles at my words knowing we are on the same page but then looks down with a frown "She would have me leave him, he is foolish."

"And proud and honestly a bit ridiculous." I add slightly trying to hide the blush that thinking about him has done to my face. He is a boy. I will get over this stupid feelings.

"But he is on the edge, of a cliff and he does need us Ester." Enola confirms.

"Well then." I smile widely at her "We have some planning to do."

"You like him." Enola says looking at my heated cheeks.

"Excuse me?" I spit out.

"The Lord, you don't think he is a stupid boy because you like him." Enola says teasing me as my cheeks heat up more.

"I do not. He is a boy a stupid, stupid boy." I hiss.

"Fine, when you come to admit your feeling don't make me say I told you so." Enola replies.

I sigh shaking my head. It is just a crush because he is handsome and not a snobbish boy I will get over it. "Enough 'Nola. Lets get into bed and start planning."

The rest of that night and into the early hours of the Moring we discussed what was our plan for tomorrow. She is going to get dressed up as a widow and try to speak to the family while I myself go to the fallen tree branch that Tewksbury said 'broke above him' because Enola thinks it may be foul play.